Gadget Stimulus Plan: Blackberry Pearl 8100

8100_small_sunsetGiven the current state of the economy, I can’t think of a better way to jumpstart your gadget addiction than to start giving away more mobile devices. In this installment of the Gadget Stimulus Plan we launched in April, we are offering an UNLOCKED refurbished red BlackBerry Pearl 8100, courtesy of geeks.com. Read on for more details:

The Pearl offers Blackberry’s famous email client, web browser, a SureType QWERTY keyboard, a 2.2.5" light-sensitive screen, a 1.3MP camera, and worldwide (quad-band) GSM antenna with EDGE connectivity for data. Being unlocked, you can use this phone on either T-mobile service or on AT&T without the need for a renewal of your contract. Just put your SIM card in and you’re ready to go!

There are three ways to enter:

1) For GBM contestants: What was your first mobile phone? Answers need to go in the comments section.

2) For Notebooks.com contestants: Have you ever bought a refurbished device? What was your experience and would you recommend refurbished products to your friends and family? Reply in the comments section.

3) Tweet about this! Send out a tweet to all your friends letting them know you entered this contest. Just copy and paste the following:

I entered to win a BB 8100 from GBM and Notebooks.com’s Gadget Stimulus Plan #GadgetStimulusBB. Thx @ComputerGeeks! http://bit.ly/vOhzO

You can enter up to three times, one for each option.

A random drawing will be held Friday June 5th on all eligible entries.
This contest is open to U.S. residents only.

Comments

1. Evan Brammer | Losing the World says

My first phone was some puny little brick that friend gave me while living in the SW of England. I don’t recall the name of it, but it was a pay-as-you-go that ran on the Orange network. Not bad for free. Green screen.

2. Amitai Rosenberg says

I don’t remember exactly what my first phone was. But my second phone was a Samsung

3. Michael Perlman says

My first phone was a Motorola i855 on Boost Mobile. I soon realized that iDEN is a terrible network after exchanging my first few text messages and noticing how you have to download each new message. I’m still using it alongside a SIM-less Nokia E71 (which will get a SIM when I leave for a year of study in Israel in August).

4. Ryan P. says

My first mobile phone was a Motorola w490. I loved that little black phone, and was disappointed when it succumbed to the death grip of the bathroom sink. All good things come to an end, or so they say.

5. Jim says

My first mobile phone was a Motorola Dyna TAC 6000 which was a car phone (permanently mounted in my car.) This was during the mid 80′s before the size of handsets shrunk. The only portable at that time was the Motorola brick phone.

6. Dan S. says

My first phone would have to be this black “thing” my mother had with cingular. I for the life of me can’t tell you it’s name, or brand, but it had a menu, with for options, one being contacts. It was so basic compared to what’s out there today

7. Desi says

I have never owned a mobile phone. I have on occasion borrowed family members phones. If I won this phone I would use it with the at&t go phone plan.

8. sbtablet says

I had a Nokia 6150. It was a great phone for its day. I’m kind of sad that Nokia isn’t available through the carrier subsidized route. Still love their style. But a Blackberry would be truly awesome.

9. Jane says

My first phone was a pay-as-you-go motorola phone from AT & T. It was the tiniest thing and didn’t even do color. :)

10. SAM says

Bag phone
    4 watts of signal gathering greatness.

These new wimpy half watt phones are disappointing
    compared to my bag phone.

I live in a mountianous rural area.

11. dave s says

I think it was either a motorola v60 or a nokia bar phone. Can’t remember which one came first :p

12. Dave E says

My first mobile phone was a TracPhone. I used their service until I went to AT&T and am on a regular account instead of pay per call.

13. Netlurker says

I had an NEC of some kind, the first non-bag phone offered by Cellular One is ’92 or ’93. About a year later I got a Motorola Alphastar and kept it for years. Now I alternate between Nokia and Motorola flips every couple years.

14. ChrisRS says

About 1988 – Motorola Micr-Tac, I think. Then something from Nextel. THings have certainly improved.