In today’s economy, more and more people are shunning the traditional “go out and get a job at a company” approach for starting up their own businesses. According to a study put together by the Small Business Administration:
About one half of the private-sector is employed by small businesses and the other half by large businesses. Or, put another way, 60 million people were employed by smalls, and 60 million by large (2006 data).
And in 2010, the number of small businesses is growing more and more everyday.
So, ok, I have thrown off the shackles of my corporate employers and want to start my own business, where do I start? Well, these days, especially in the 21st century, its all about communication, online presence and mobility. You can worry about things like a real office later. You need to make yourself available via phones, faxes (yes we still use them inspite of email), voicemail, email, etc. This is where our friends over at RingCentral come in.
RingCentral are the folks who introduced our own Xavier Lanier to their RingCentral Fax service earlier in March when he needed to find a better and more cost effective Internet fax package. RingCentral provides all the communication a small business needs with voice service (toll-free numbers, local numbers), voice mail and Internet fax. Its a fast and easy way to set up your company’s immediate voice communications–and get that online presence and mobility all businesses need these days to stay competitive.
RingCentral is sponsoring a month long contest with GBM and 24 other sites to promote their RingCentral Mobile package. Each of these 25 sites will give away one (1) account for 12 months’ free service of RingCentral Mobile ($300 value) to the winner of each of our individual site contests. From those 25 winners, five grand prize winners will also be selected for the Ultimate Small Business Start-up Package (additional $862 value, for a total value of $1162).
What’s in the grand prize? Well, the grand prize winners will receive RingCentral Mobile for a year, company incorporation services, logo design, business cards, and free web hosting for a year. Not too shabby for a small business starting out and needing everything on a shoestring budget.
So all you small business owners, keep you eyes open on GBM and the sites listed below for more details on the contest.
Sites participating in the Ring Central Ultimate Small Business Start Up Giveway include:
Site Name: Contest Start Date – Winners Announcement Date
- TechVirtuoso (information technology): April 6-10
- The Digital Lifestyle (windows, media, lifestyle): April 7-April 11
- Clintonfitch (mobile reviews): April 8-12
- Geek News Central (technical information): April 9-13
- TCT Podcast (cool tech): April 10-14
- Mobile PC World (mobile pc information): April 11-15
- Mobile Gadgeteer (mobile gadgets): April 12-16
- Mobility Site (windows mobile, pocket pc, smartphones): April 13-17
- GottaBeMobile (tablet pc, mobile pc, multi-touch): April 14-18
- Neowin (technology news): April 15-19
- HackCollege (student lifehacking): April 16-20
- OSNN (windows, linux, macintosh news): April 17-21
- The LazyAdmin (lazy admin): April 18-22
- Slashdot Review (tech news): April 19-23
- GearDiary (mobile technology, gear): April 20-24
- Mobile Jaw (mobility, mobile): April 21-25
- Mobilityminded (windows mobile, iphone, android, netbooks): April 22-26
- Chip Chick (tech, gadgets): April 23-27
- Daddy Forever (geek dad blog): April 24-28
- Absolutely Windows (microsoft windows, businesses): April 25-29
- GeeksRoom (software, hardware, gadgets): April 26-30
- BostonPocketPC (mobile, technology, news): April 27 – May 1
- Jake Ludington’s MediaBlab (gadgets, movies, music, podcasting): April 28 – May 2
- PlanetAMD64 (64-bit drivers, applications, utilities): April 29 – May 3
- The Gadgeteer (mobile technology, gear): April 30 – May 4
(Note: Thanks Gear Diary for putting this list together!)
GottabeMobile’s portion of the contest starts April 14th, so stay tuned for more details.