Where is the Android 2.1 update for the Xperia X10?
This is the phone that hit the market with Android 1.6 for some reason. Well, a little more than a month ago, I posted that the Xperia X10 was getting 2.1 soon. The update has finally started to roll, but slowly.
According to Sony-Ericcson’s blog, they are rolling the update out in batches to avoid affect the quality of the networks. Wait? You have to do the update on the PC, why would cell network quality be a concern?
IMPORTANT: As I’ve pointed out previously here on the blog the software upgrade will be done in a phased roll-out which means that different “kits” gets the update at different times. This to secure quality in all networks and countries. So don’t get paranoid if your phone isn’t updated in the very first days – it will come!
What will this update provide, besides Android 2.1′s core features?
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folder
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
I am personally still waiting to update my white Xperia X10. You can track Sony-Ericcson’s blog to see when yours has the update ready. They are updating the blog with the SI numbers that are ready daily.