Weekly Wrap Up: Notebook, Tablet and Smart Phone News for March 25th03/25/2011 • By Josh Smith
Another busy week is wrapping up and we’ve pulled together the biggest notebook, tablet and smart phone news of the week, including our Best of CTIA winners, to help you get caught up on what’s going on in technology.
The biggest news of the week was arguably the CTIA Wireless 2011 show in Orlando which was the showcase for a collection of cool phones, tablets, apps and accessories. We were on the show floor to go hands on with the hottest devices which will be arriving at carriers like Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon as soon as April.
You can see our Best of CTIA Winners at Notebooks with videos, or click the individual links to see our individual coverage.
Best Smartphone of CTIA 2011: HTC EVO 3D
Best Tablet of CTIA 2011: HTC EVO View 4G
Best Simultasking and Multitasking Smartphone of CTIA 2011: Kyocera Echo
Best Gaming Smartphone of CTIA 2011: Sony Xperia Play
Best Affordable Smartphone of CTIA 2011: Nokia Astound
What we love about CTIA is that the devices are actually coming to market soon, instead of taunting us for months on end.
Notebook News For the Week of March 25th:
Over at Notebooks we have reviewed the new Lenovo ThinkPad x220, and covered a collection of announcements about new consumer notebooks which means that you can actually start buying some Sandy Bridge notebooks!
New Notebooks for March 2011:
- iBUYPOWER Releases a Trio of Sandy Bridge Gaming Systems
- Gigabyte’s Powerful P2532 Notebook May be Thinnest Sandy Bridge Machine
- New Alienware M11x R3 Specs Leak, 2nd Gen Core CPU
- Gateway NV51B05u and NV51B02u Arrive With AMD Fusion, Start at $399
- Sony VAIO with Thunderbolt and External GPU in the works
- Toshiba Portege R800 Notebooks Get Priced, Worth the Wait
- The Right Price for Core i7 Notebooks Revealed [Buying Advice]
- Japan Quake To Disrupt Consumer Notebook Supply During Back to School Rush
- Apple MacBook Pro 2011 Users Reporting Issues
- Chrome 11 Beta Available with Speech Input, GPU Acceleration and New Icon
Tablet and SmartPhone News for the Week of March 18th:
- 4 Ways to Protect the Back of the iPad 2
- HTC ThunderBolt Gets An Easy Root Method
- Top 5 Reasons to Jailbreak on iOS–Should You Do It to Your iPhone, iPad?
- Amazon Appstore for Android Coming March 22?
- Rumor: iPhone 5 launching in Q3 with 4-inch display, metal chassis
- Wife Makes Husband Return iPad 2, Apple Sends Him Free Replacement
- Nook Color to Get App Store, Flash and Angry Birds As Early as April
Notebook and Accessory Reviews:
- Twelve South BookArc Stand Review: High Quality MacBook Stands
- OnLive Gaming Review: The Future of Gaming
- Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Review
- Review: Kanex iAdapt HDMI Adapter for MacBooks
- iPad 2 App QuickShot Uploads Photos to DropBox Instantly
Popular How To Articles for the Week of March 18th:
- Listen to Music and Your Surroundings w/ Audio Monitor Pass Thru on Mac
- How to Fix Bad Group Photos with Photo Fuse [Fix a Face]
- How to Enable Pinch to Zoom and Twist Gestures in Firefox 4
- How to Sync files between 2 computers with Windows Live Mesh.
- Internet Explorer 9: 9 Tips For Getting Started & Getting More from IE9
- How To Upgrade to a Fast Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Notebook Hard Drive (Review)
- How to Setup Time Machine on Your Mac [Mac OS X]