Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi Android 3.1 Honeycomb Update Already Rolling Out? (Updated)
Motorola may have told Xoom Wi-Fi owners yesterday that the Android 3.1 Honeycomb update would start rolling out in the ‘next several weeks’, but in a strange turn of events, it appears that the update has already begun to roll out.
A bunch of evidence from Wi-Fi Xoom owners has surfaced over at Droid-Life and it appears that the Android 3.1 update is rolling out in a full-fledged OTA. This is definitely a pleasant surprise for Wi-Fi Xoom owners who may have felt left out after hearing the Android 3.1 announcement at Google I/O.
* Support for the new Android Market movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM’s high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI
* Full support for the final release of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web
* Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens
* Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras
* Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk™ video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
* Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers
So, if you own a Xoom Wi-Fi, have a peek at your device and see if something has popped up. Anyone out there seeing it?