HTC EVO 3D Not Launching Until Late June?

Over the weekend, it became apparent that Sprint’s HTC EVO 3D might not be arriving until after that presumed June 4th launch date. And now, there is even more evidence to back that up as it appears that the highly anticipated smartphone might not be launching until the fourth week of June.

HTC EVO 3D Rebate Missing

On Sunday, Sprint’s PlayBook had the HTC EVO 3D listed under “Week 4” which led many to believe that it would be coming in week four. Yet, it seemed to refer to the training cycle rather than the actual release date of the device.

Today though, a rebate schedule has leaked out and the device is not seen at all between the dates of June 5 to June 23rd. A quick look at the calendar reveals that June 23rd is the Thursday during the fourth week of June which means that the 23rd, 24th 25th and 26th of June are now the like likely candidates for an EVO 3D launch date.

Of course, it’s possible that all of this could change and we could see the device roll out much earlier, but all signs are pointing to the fourth week of June and those four dates are probably the ones you want to circle on your calendar.

For now, you can only pre-order the HTC EVO 3D and you can do so at Sprint, Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Via: Android Central

Comments

1. Kstate1990 says

That rebate callender is through the 23rd because of the fact that no mail in rebates are scheduled to stop the 23rd, this has nothing to do with the evo 3d. I dont even think god could predict when this phone will come out.

2. Neko says

My current phone is archaic at 3 years old. I have a pre-order in for this thing but if it doesn’t come soon I may die…… “Maybel get me 9-1-1!!!!”

3. Sguinto1 says

I went to the sprint store today and put my name on a pre-order list and they told me the phone is coming in on june 7.

4. Eviljello says

They are not gonna launch the phone pre-loaded with the green lantern movie before the movie is released!

5. onyekachi54 says

ignore all these articles They are written to drive you crazy. This phone will be coming out on a Sunday just like all the other phones and it will be released in July. I promise you THAT. Its all about marketing and July is The Climax of summer.

6. Adam Beierwaltes says

This is bull, how hard is it to have a release date. This just makes Sprint look retarded and makes people wonder if they have control over anything in there company. Plus I don’t think its a marking tool because most people don’t know its coming out due to the lack of advertising. They would have more pre orders if they had a set time table! Leave it to Sprint to move as slowly as possible, assholes!

7. D Ramos 205 says

Does anybody even know a price on this phone. My wife and daughter have the evo and I’m waiting on the 3D version and I’m getting tiered of waiting!!!