Motorola Photon 4G Set to Battle the HTC EVO 3D Starting July 31st
Sprint has finally made the release date and pricing of the upcoming Motorola Photon 4G official announcing that the dual-core, WiMax powered device will be available on July 31st for a grand total of $199 on a new two year contract.
It’s been just over a month since Sprint announced the Photon 4G alongside the Motorola Triumph and since then, the carrier has launched another popular WiMax smartphone, the HTC EVO 3D. What this means is that the Photon 4G is going to have some major competition when it arrives at the end of the month but as I’ve pointed out, it definitely brings some things to the table that are worth looking at.
There is a way to get the Photon 4G before its July 31st launch date. If you’re a Sprint Premier member, the phone will be available to you a day earlier on July 28th for the same price.
And just in case you needed a reminder about the specifications:
- Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor with each core running at 1GHz and 1GB of RAM
- Large 4.3-inch touchscreen with qHD (Quarter High Definition) display
- Dual cameras – 8-megapixel, dual-LED flash camera with front-facing webcam and VGA front-facing camera for video chat
- Android Market™ for access to more than 200,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- 16GB of onboard memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card, for a total of up to 48GB
- Worldphone capabilities to access emails, calendars and news from anywhere around the globe
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks.
- Supports critical IT device policies commonly requested by enterprises and governmental entities, including integration ease, cost-of-management and data security concerns
Anyone going to be picking this bad boy up?