Motorola Dinara Could Make You Forget About the Droid Bionic

After the Motorola Droid Bionic finally arrives and the hoopla dies, we’re going to have to find our next fix. Fortunately, it looks like we may have just found it in the Motorola Dinara which Droid-Life is saying could be the next big release from Motorola and is apparently scheduled to be out at some point this winter.

Motorola

So, the details (obviously) are a little bit murky but there are a couple of things that were revealed. First and foremost, the Dinara name is a codename. It’s a mountain range and falls in line with Motorola’s other code names like Olympus, Etna, and Everest. Second, it’s unknown whether this thing is going to be 4G LTE enabled but it’d be surprising to see it without those capabilities.

Now, for some specs. HD screen? Check. 13MP rear camera? Check. VGA front facing camera? Check. (Lame.) Styling that’s close to the Droid Bionic but thinner and lighter? Checkmate. No word on processor speed or RAM but we’d image it’ll be dual-core at the very least.

The version of Android it will be released with is unknown but currently, it’s slated with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and not Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Obviously, that could change once we get closer to launch. And speaking of launch, this bad boy is again slated for release this holiday season and quite frankly, if Motorola is able to stick to the schedule, this might be a phone worth waiting for.

Anyone going to hold out for this rather than snag a Droid Bionic?

Comments

1. Anonymous says

After torturously  waiting 7 months for the bionic with still no definite release date or spec sheet I couldnt give a rat’s ass what the next Motorola device will be, excuse my French..

• Manny Subia says

“no definite release date”??……..hasn’t there been enough proof floating around the interwebz that says the release date is Aug 4th??

I just talked with my friend last night that works at Best Buy. Not only is he waiting for the bionic as well but he confirmed the Aug 4th date.

• Anonymous says

Yes yes I have read all of the release date rumours including the now past 4th of July one, nevertheless, even if August 4th is real it will be sometime before I am ready to hear about another Motorola device, as a matter of I will never wait for another phone as along as I did for this one, so atleast I hope they went with a 4.5 inch screen to makeup for some of the waiting….

2. Matt says

I cannot wait any longer.  The Bionic or Galaxy S2 will be what I get.  My original Droid is dying rapidly.  I’m going insane enough waiting for any sort of update on the Bionic.

There will always be the “next big thing” coming.  That’s technology.  If you waited for the Dinara, then you might as well wait for the next one, and then the next one, etc.

• Adnaan Zaffer says

Lol I have a 3 year old G1, buddy. Imagine what IM going through. I clear my call log and the phone actually runs faster.

I spend more time on my phone pressing a task manager widget to kill tasks than actually using it.

• Can't think of a name. says

I’M still using a motorola krave, from 2008! run faster? task manager? widget? all i can do is call and text! you guys have it easy!

• Couetney says

In the same boat.  My original Droid has been run well past it’s prime, but none of Verizon’s other offerings excite me.  I just want them to release something new!  I can’t hold out much longer!

• Kevin Mcclain says

Well there’s your problem. If you have an older phone like the Droid then of course you can’t wait. But for those people who got something like the Droid X, our phone is still working beautifully. I’m waiting because it should only be a few months and I would like the better features. Not because my phone is dying.

3. Mogamagic says

Im fed up waiting for information from Verizon and Motorola. I will be waiting a minimum of 2 weeks following Bionics release to see how much people crap on it. If this phone sucks I’ll move on to Nexus 4G or Samsung Galaxy S2 and give Moto the finger.

4. Trentmcfadden says

I DO NOT WANT A BLUEISH SCREEN.  If the Bionic comes out with a blueish screen like the Droid 3, I’ll go elsewhere. I REALLY, REALLY wanted the Bionic 3 but when my friend got one, it was totally unacceptable.  My Verizon contract ended in June.  I will wait or go to a different provider.