Samsung Conquer 4G Hitting Sprint on August 21st for $99
That detail seemed to signal that an announcement was close and sure enough, Sprint today pulled the cover back on the Conquer 4G giving it an official release and pricing to boot. Seriously, I can’t tell you how refreshing that is. I wish carriers would do that every time they announce a phone. That will be the day.
Sprint’s Conquer 4G is going to be available starting August 21st and it’s going to cost $99 on a new two year contract after a $50 rebate. That is the cheapest 4G phone in Sprint’s collection so if you want a speedy phone on the cheap, look no further than the Conquer.
Of course, most people have their eyes on the upcoming WiMax Galaxy S II device, the Samsung Epic Touch 4G, but we’re not going to judge you one way or the other. As for specs, the Conquer 4G looks like this:
- Dual-Mode 3G/4G device – dependable 3G nationwide coverage and turbo-charged Sprint 4G speeds where available
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS capable
- MicroSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card (2GB card included)
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks
- Stereo Bluetooth wireless technology
- Access to more than 250,000 apps through Android Market™
- 3.2MP rear camera
- 1.3MP front camera
- 1GHz processor
- Android 2.3
- 3.5-inch display
Not amazing by any stretch of the imagination but it’s certainly a capable device.