The long wait is over folks. Verizon has officially announced the Droid Bionic with a two year contract price of $299 and availability on September 8th at Verizon Wireless.
Now that you have the important details, you can skip over to our Droid Bionic review for everything you need to know before you buy.
Spoiler alert, the Bionic takes home our Editor’s choice award for combining phone performance and 4G LTE speeds. While it’s not perfect, the Bionic is the Android device to get on Verizon.
UPDATE: You can read our full Droid Bionic Review here.
The Motorola Droid Bionic brings 4G LTE connectivity for connection speeds between 5-12MB/s up and 2-5MB/s down when in a Verizon 4G LTE market.
The Droid Bionic has the following specs;
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM
- 4.3-inch qHD screen using scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass with dual-layer anti-reflective coating
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and 1080p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- MOTOPRINT app to print via Wi-Fi-enabled printers
- Mirror Mode with HDMI out (HDMI cable required) supporting 1080p HD video playback
- Multi-window options for multitasking with ease when using the Webtop application
- Business Ready with advanced security policies; resizable and scrollable email, calendar and task widgets; device and SD card encryption; and Citrix® GotoMeeting® and Citrix Receiver™ for Android
- Adobe® Flash® pre-loaded
- HTML 5 capable
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD cards
- Supports wireless charger
You can also get several accessories to extend the use of your Droid Bionic, including the 11.6″ Lapdock ($99.99), which turns your phone into a netbook with a full version of FireFox. There are other Webtop accessories available, including the HD Station for $99 and an Adapter for Webtop Application for $29.99.
You can also find a Navigation Dock for $39.99 and a Battery Dock with standard battery for $49.99, which can charge a battery and your phone at the same time.
Are you excited? Are you going to the store to get Droid Bionic tomorrow? Don’t forget, you can try to get your renewal date moved up several months if you can’t wait.