HTC Vigor Launching as HTC Vigor?

The HTC Vigor, among one of the first devices to utilize a higher resolution 720p HD display, has been catching a lot of buzz lately, and it appears that Verizon may have settled on the final branding name for the device. Originally revealed as the HTC Vigor through leaks, it was believed that Vigor may be the codename and not the product name for the next-generation smartphone. Successive leaks suggest that Verizon Wireless may brand the smartphone as the HTC Droid Incredible HD, the HTC Thunderbolt 2, and the HTC Rezound.

Now, with Verizon posting up an accessories page that recommends three generic accessories for the ‘HTC Vigor’ smartphone, there is indeed a greater chance that the carrier has finally agreed to the Vigor branding.

The accessories recommended by the page are for general accessories meant to fit any phone and are not specific to the HTC Vigor itself, but the mention of the un-announced and un-released smartphone on the carrier’s website suggests that the device may be close to landing.

In addition to the 720p HD display, the Vigor is widely believed to sport Beats Audio for an enhanced audio experience following HTC’s announcement that the company had invested in the audio company. The device will be HTC’s second 4G LTE smartphone following the launch of the Thunderbolt, which is the first 4G LTE for both HTC and Verizon Wireless.

Via: Droid-Life

Comments

1. Guest says

This is old news that has been on the tech blogs for a few days. Real question is, when will this phone be released for sale.

• Anonymous says

you seem technically inclined. just root, go to /system/app/ and delete htclogger.apk. problem solved.

• Anonymous says

Or opt out…you do have a choice whether you opt in and allow HTC to gather info on you. Just choose NO…its that simple!

Me, I will root this beast to get everything out of it and run a kick ass ROM…

• Anonymous says

Me, I will root this beast to get everything out of it and run a kick ass ROM…

• Anonymous says

Me, I will root this beast to get everything out of it and run a kick ass ROM…

2. Jeff Campbell73 says

I looked on the Verizon website and there is nothing showing vigor. Even if you search it. If so paste a link….

• Sourceunknown187 says

It has been fixed since. Their webpage was down for awhile removing that content from public view.

3. Jeff Campbell73 says

4. Jeff Campbell73 says

5. Jeff Campbell73 says

6. Alainpaum says

The problem is the battery 1620 maH ? It’s too week the sensationXE is 1750 maH and the competition is going to 1900 ! HTC batteries allways week.

7. Alainpaum says

8. Alainpaum says

9. Alainpaum says

10. HtcWellMade says

The HTC vigor is going to be good. I think it will be the best phone this year. It surely will be the best made longest lasting phone as the thunderbolt gets that title at the current moment.

Htc make long lasting phones that are tough and hold up.. Nobody else makes em like htc does. Sense is by far the best operating system. And I’m impressed how well htc phones are made. They make the longest lasting phone. Give the Vigor time it’s going to be good. Right now the thunderbolt is the best phone out and it gets the title. Overall Htc experience is the best and I love sense.

The Htc vigor going to be good. It will be the best phone this year. It will be the best made longest lasting phone on the market by far…until it’s release it’s the thunderbolt all the way. I love thunderbolt it’s very well made and long lasting.

11. HtcWellMade says

12. HtcWellMade says

13. HtcWellMade says

14. Guest says

Awesome… my best friend’s mom, who happens to be real, says you’re a fu*k. She said you have been a fu*k for 9 months, but this last month, you were 7487x more of a fu*k for posting sh!t like this. Please die.