iPhone 5 Coming with Redesign in Fall 2012?

Apple released the iPhone 4S back in October of this year and already there is talk about the next device. And while there have been reports already alluding to some possible features on the next iPhone, BGR has chimed in with a couple of new items today saying that the next iPhone will, in fact, launch with a redesign and that it will be doing so at some point during the fall of 2012.

Update: iPhone 5 Release Date, Design and Specs Rumors

The device will apparently not launch at WWDC 2012 in the summer but will instead launch on a similar date to the iPhone 4S which was announced on October 4th and launched on October 14th.

In addition, it appears that the iPhone 5 – or whatever Apple is going to call it, will feature a redesign that includes plastic or rubber – similar to the material used on Apple’s Bumper case, built into the iPhone’s case. If true, it will act as a bezel similar to the one on the iPhone 3GS and sit on the front edge of the phone.

iPhone 4S

This material is said to be the material that will join the glass front of the iPhone with the aluminum backing.

It will also cover a redesigned antenna that Apple is going to be included with the phone.

Of course, all of this is merely speculation at this point, as all Apple rumors are until the company actually decides to take the stage and announce something. So those of you hoping for a redesign shouldn’t be excited just yet.

Read: iPhone 5 Engineering Samples Show New Design

Same goes for those of you hoping that Apple will announce the phone at WWDC. All hope is not lost.

This rumor follows previous reports stating that Apple is planning to release a 4G LTE-enabled iPhone next year.

Comments

1. Anonymous says

No thank you, soon moving on to a Galaxy note from iPhone4. better to read on bigger screen at least 4.5 ” yet I don’t want carry a tablet.

• Matthijs Looijen says

a bigger screen makes it easier to read and i like it:)
        the screen of the iphone can be bigger without making the phone himself bigger, they just have to use that wasted space at both sides from the iphone screen

2. Tanya says

My iphone 4s is always having an invalid sim or sim failure im very disappointed i thought Apple is the best i think Galaxy is much better

3. Luckycharmes101 says

it looks just like a iphone4 !!!! they shouldve made it look way diffrent like make it look dope

4. Jaquita Cunningham says

They need toonsay something tho cause my perents said I can get an I phone but I want the I phone 5 but I want the I phone right now but I don’t want too get the I phone 4s and then the 5 come out like the next day

5. BradyG says

Okay, although this is obviously hard for some of you to understand, the basic image of the phone in this article is the iPhone 4 or 4s and not the 5. It hasn’t been released yet soooo shhhh.

6. Maria Caquias says

Im, waiting 4the iPhone5 2 come out. See, I 1/2 the iphone4s n u was able, 2 down load all my games n music I had on my iPod, n my iphone4 with out connted it 2 iTunes, see my laptop broke n I had backed up all my musicn games, but when I down load one game I was able 2 down load all my games n music I had in my iPod n ipho
    Nfd.

7. Emmanuel Karlea says

The phone needs to have a slim shape. I love Iphones but hit to buy because of the shape. Its too thick for my comfort. Why not make it like ipod touch.