Samsung Galaxy Note Appears on Sprint’s Website

Earlier this year, the Samsung Galaxy Note was rumored to be heading to both Sprint and Verizon during the first half of 2012. And while it hasn’t launched on either carrier yet, an unbranded version of the device has shown up on Sprint’s website today which could mean that a launch is on the way.

TechnoBuffalo discovered the unbranded Galaxy Note in plain view on Sprint’s website. In fact, the device sits front and center on the carrier’s main page.

However, because neither Samsung nor Sprint has said anything official about the device, it’s hard to say whether this is a pre-launch slip up or if it’s something that is less intriguing to consumers.

Samsung Galaxy Note Appears on Sprint's Website

Thing is, we’ve heard that Sprint was slated to be getting the device later on this year.

Back in January, a rumor stated that the device would be hitting Sprint’s network under a different name. The name of Sprint’s Galaxy Note was rumored to be the Samsung Galaxy Journal.

The Samsung Galaxy Note, a 5.3-inch hybrid device that is part phone and part tablet has been a surprising success. Samsung recently announced that it has shipped 5 million Galaxy Notes worldwide, a figure that would certainly be attractive to the likes of Sprint.

Samsung Galaxy Note Appears on Sprint's Website

Samsung’s hybrid device is also still waiting for the upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which should make it even more appealing to those looking for a device with a lot of screen real estate and a stylus.

The company announced that the update had been delayed until some point in Q2 which means the AT&T model, which runs on the carrier’s 4G LTE network, might not see the update for several months.

Comments

1. Boardrfolife says

Oooo man I’ve been waiting for this for too long for them to tease like this. Also, what’s up w/ the pizza face chick?

• john williams says

Have the set a price yet or discount with 2yr plan?? I have the Apple Iphone 4S and cant wait to throw it in the river, i mean, get rid of it

2. Dazo5 says

Crossing my fingers. Not going to get the Nexus, the HTC EVO 4G LTE looks more enticing, but I’m really looking forward to this coming out.

• htc. are you serious? says

Don’t get any htc shit garbage phones. I still have a year left on my contract, but would gladly pay an extra dollar just to cancel the remaining time and throw this piece of shit out the door. Plus, you don’t get tech stuff from China unless you’re willing to suffer. It’s either Korea or Japan.

3. Mike says

WTF, I’ve been with Sprint now for over 12 yrs and if they can’t keep up with supplying us with the latest state of the art phones then Fu_k them!!! I will move to a different carrier. Would love to go with Verizon, but they don’t have the Note yet either. Why does this happen all the time when something really cool hits the market only 1 carrier get’s it and the rest follow a couple yrs later. It’s not fair to the rest of us that our truly loyal customers!!!!!!

Well SPRINT, get off your ass and get us the phones we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Kristen says

I can’t wait for this to come out. As much as I LOVE my Samsung sIII … I want this phablet