HTC Sensation 4G Ice Cream Sandwich Update Now Available
As expected, T-Mobile has unleashed the HTC Sensation 4G Android 4.0 Ice Cream update and users who wish to download the new software can now pull the update manually.
Today was the day that T-Mobile promised to deliver the software and thankfully, the carrier delivered on that promise. Android 4.0 is now available for the HTC Sensation 4G and it brings a host of new features along with it..
Those looking to get the upgrade will want to go into the settings on their phone and head to the About section in order to check for upgrades. Once the inquiry is made, users should be prompted by a download.
Before downloading, users should also be aware that there is a catch to this update.
After installing Android 4.0, T-Mobile will begin to enforce its $15 per month tethering policy. Those HTC Sensation 4G owners out there who have been enjoying free mobile hotspot support will lose that ability once the update is installed. So, for those that wish to keep free tethering, the best bet is to stay on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Of course, that means losing out on the features that come with Android 4.0.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
Even with the tethering caveat, it’s an upgrade worth considering, especially because it’s free.