Verizon Galaxy Nexus Update: The Wait Continues

Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus update is apparently rolling out right now. Evidently, the software supposedly starting rolling out yesterday. However, I have yet to receive the update and I know plenty of others that are currently in the dark as well.

Oddly enough, the only thing I’ve seen officially come out of Verizon’s mouth is that the update would be rolling out soon. I haven’t seen any sort of confirmation about the update actually rolling out.

Typical Verizon, staying silent when its customers deserve some answers.

This is almost as worse as waiting five months in silence for the update because now I am checking my phone every couple of minutes to see if the update has arrived.

Read: Verizon Screws Future Galaxy S III Owners.

Along with the long wait times for major Android updates, this whole rolling out updates in small batches is something else I can’t stand.

Well, assuming the update is rolling out in small batches. Again, I haven’t heard from anyone that has received the update yet. Must be a lucky couple hundred of people out there or something.

I don’t understand why Verizon couldn’t have just given the update a specific date for release. Verizon just dedicated a post to the Motorola Xoom Ice Cream Sandwich update, specifically for that reason. Why not for the Galaxy Nexus owners who have waited in agony for five months?

Why not some sort of confirmation saying, yes, the update is rolling out?

Why the silence and the mystery?

I said on Twitter earlier that I feel like I’m being trolled and I imagine that many others probably feel the same way.

Read: The Worst Part About the Wait for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Update.

So, it’s Friday, and hopefully I’ll get the update over the weekend so I can write up some first impressions about the software. Until then though, I’m going to be checking my phone every 10 minutes to see if the update has arrived.

And if that’s not Verizon continuing to troll the Galaxy Nexus, I don’t know what is.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

1. stevem says

I’m annoyed and I guess there is not reason to be because no one promised it but why are all these joker Android sites talking about. People want to break news and they just make crap up. Verizon owes us nothing to be honest

• paul says

Actually they owe us a phone that can make and keep calls,and if there is an update that can fix your 300 dollar phone with your 100 dolaar month bill then do the right thing

2. Matt says

Galaxy Nexus on Verizon: Great coverage, fast 4G.

But doesn’t feel like a Nexus flagship device… I’ll never sign a contract with them again.

• Don says

it’s in your best interest not to sign a new contract with Verizon. that way you can keep you unlimited data.

3. mike-p says

Tired of waiting. I complained enough today that verizon is sending me a replacement.
    Wheb it gets here monday its going on craigslist. Im getting a razr maxx

4. Keri says

Same sinking ship. Checking my stupid phone every few minutes.I have comments on many sites about one person in one city getting it but another pe rsonin the same city didn’t. I bought this phone to get updates first. I know have the most recent version but to roll out updates to store models well before customers get it is just plain me. Just send me the update please!

5. david says

Users not seeing the update immediately can force another check by clearing the Google Services Framework data, and then clicking “check now” again

6. Steveb says

Last night I checked for updateds on my gnex about 8:30 and nothing. I turned at at 9:30 and decided why not try once more and there it was :-). I am in Los Angeles.

• Joel McLaughlin says

I tried this and it works.

Clear the data in the Google Service Framework (don’t worry about your data) about 3 times checking for updates after each time and on or about the third try it will work.

7. Stefan Puryear says

I did the reset mentioned above and on about the 8th time since last night and it worked.

8. Stefan Puryear says

After the update I haven’t really noticed much improvement. The keyboard seems to flip a little faster than before which was one of my biggest gripes. Also seems like I’m picking up faster wifi and downloads too.

9. Jigeesh says

For those that don’t have the update yet, try tyhis .
    1. Go to settings >apps>all>Google framework>clear data.
    2. Now make sure your’re on 4g and not wifi and try a manual check.

This method worked for me. Hope it works for you too. Let me know if it does.

10. Coleman says

I thought the update was supposed to fix the email problem. When you delete an email on your phone it will also delete it on you computer (if that makes sense). My emails are still in my Outlook.

• Angelo says

look at your setting on your phone, look to see it “delete email from server” set to never if it is change it.