Clicky

AT&T Galaxy Note Ice Cream Sandwich Release Date Should Come Soon

By  |  12 Comments

The AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note Ice Cream Sandwich release date should come soon.

No, I don’t have any insider information that claims that the software will indeed be hitting AT&T Galaxy Note models any time in the near future, but I am of the opinion that it should.

My reasons are quite simple.

One, the Samsung Galaxy Note has been out since February. Other devices, like the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX, which was also unveiled at CES 2012 and released a month later, are poised to get the update. A four month wait for a major Android update is not out of the ordinary, but the Galaxy Note is an important device in AT&T’s arsenal and one would think that it would have put a great importance on getting it updated to Ice Cream Sandwich.

Two, as I’ve stated before, it’s clear that the Galaxy Note’s Android 4.0 update is in the works. As it should be. Samsung has already rolled out Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to international versions of the Galaxy Note, it’s just AT&T that is lagging behind.

AT&T would be wise to roll out the Galaxy Note ICS update soon.

Those roll outs took place in May, which was right around the same time that a couple of AT&T Galaxy Note Ice Cream Sandwich sightings took place. The first sighting was of a new unreleased Ice Cream Sandwich ROM leaked for the AT&T Galaxy Note, Then, the software showed up on an AT&T Galaxy Note at CTIA. Why on earth would AT&T load up the software with the new update if it wasn’t at least close to finished?

Read: Samsung Galaxy Note Review: One Week Later.

Bizarre to say the least.

Both of those lead into my third and final point which is really the main reason why I think the software will roll out soon.

T-Mobile is, very clearly, gearing up to both announce and release the Samsung Galaxy Note. Right now, it’s rumored to be coming out in just a couple of weeks on July 11th. While that might not be the exact date, it’s obvious that a launch is getting closer.

That wouldn’t be a big deal if the device wasn’t confirmed to have Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board, the same update that AT&T owners have been waiting for for over four months.

A T-Mobile Galaxy Note launch is close.

It would be pretty ridiculous to see another Galaxy Note, virtually identical to AT&T’s, roll out with the new software. Not only would it be a black eye for AT&T, it would be an utter disappointment for AT&T Galaxy Note users who bought the device back in February expecting an upgrade to roll out within a reasonable amount of time.

I don’t think any of them thought that they’d see another Galaxy Note variant outpace their device.

I have a feeling that AT&T realizes how stupid this would be and hopefully, it’s working overtime to get its Galaxy Note updated to Android 4.0. If I had to guess, I would say that the update will roll out in the early part of next month.

And if I had to guess again, I’d say that AT&T Galaxy Note owners out there will be peeved if an Android 4.0 toting T-Mobile Galaxy Note rolls out before their device gets ICS. I don’t even think the premium suite that will be coming would be able to soothe over things at that point.

Sound about right, AT&T Galaxy Note owners?

12 Comments

1. Steve'O

06/28/2012 at 3:00 pm

Got an Email on the 27th at 6PM stating next week I will get getting an software update for my razr and by 9:00am on the 28th I recieved the update.. looks nice is fast.

2. Hank

06/28/2012 at 3:30 pm

“Sound about right, AT&T Galaxy Note owners?” U bet that sounds right….why lawyers in the mix and all. “promises were made, gifts exchanged…etc…, etc…” I feel the damage coming on. besides after agreeing to the Ma Bell two-year contract my wallet is empty !

3. mike

06/28/2012 at 4:04 pm

Got tired of waiting and rooted…enjoying ICS right now! Really disappointed with AT&T.

4. R.Delacalzada

06/28/2012 at 4:14 pm

Q1, Q2, coming soon, July 13, ……article doesn’t inform much.

5. TiM

06/28/2012 at 5:56 pm

I have the International Note…I got it OTA a little over a month ago. I have to say, it was NOT that big of a deal. I hate the new task switcher, and all the new UI elements are different, but not necessarily more functional or nicer.

6. Scout Pro

06/29/2012 at 8:39 am

Galaxy Galaxy Note owner since it’s first available day on sale. AT&T has better get on the ball with the update or I’ll be heading back to the iPhone. At least Apple sticks to their word with updates, etc. Curious to know if AT&T will procrastinate even longer with the excuse of holding out to update for Android Jelly bean.

7. Nathan Lemmon

06/29/2012 at 8:46 am

This problem is with AT&T. There is so much bloatware on this phone that it’s impossible to merge with the updates. This has taken way too long and I will be going back to Apple on the day the 5 comes out if ICS isn’t available. Just to be clear: We need ICS for the AT&T version of the Samsung Galaxy Note that was promised almost a half a year ago. Got it AT&T?

• Maria

07/02/2012 at 10:12 pm

AGREED. I am disappointed too and I am a sales rep, lol.

• Bob

07/03/2012 at 6:40 am

Threatening to go to the next iPhone from a Galaxy Note makes no sense. At best the iPhone 5 will have a 4″ screen or thereabouts. If you have a note, its because you want the screen real estate. If its just an OS issues, get a Galaxy 3 when they hit the stores this week. Then you can whine about not having Jellybean for 6 months. Then you can covet the Galaxy Note II in September, then you can …..

Well, you get the idea

8. jerry

06/29/2012 at 3:29 pm

i dont know what the big deal is about ics. My notes running on twinkie 5.0.7 thanks to my dalorean and my mr fusion im at full capacity with my flux capacito. Thats the only way youll get ics is by skipping a few years ahead

9. JP

06/29/2012 at 7:22 pm

Been using ics with the att leaked ics since I got the note in May…….. Root and custom roms are the way to go…. None of this att bloatware crap

10. iphone 5 news

07/21/2012 at 7:53 am

Hey our purposes simply really like your stunning blog thank you and please follow it