HTC Incredible S Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out Now

The long wait for the HTC Incredible S Ice Cream Sandwich update is over.

HTC had said that the HTC Incredible S Ice Cream Sandwich update would begin in either June or July and according to The Unwired, the manufacturer has kept its promise and the GSM version of the phone has now started to received Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

This is great news for both owners of the HTC Incredible S and Android users in general.

HTC Incredible S owners now have access to Android 4.0.4 and all of the features that Ice Cream Sandwich has to offer. From a new UI to Face Unlock, it’s all there.

The Incredible S ICS update is rolling out now.

It’s also nice to see a manufacturer release an update at the beginning of a release window rather than in the very last part of it, like Verizon did for the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX and Droid RAZR Ice Cream Sandwich updates.

HTC Incredible S owners should be thrilled.

Read: Guide To Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

The Incredible S Ice Cream Sandwich update will be rolling out OTA and should be around 250MB large. So, it should take a little bit of time to both download and install once it becomes available.

Owners of the Incredible S will want to look in Settings to see if the update has arrived. If it has, owners will be prompted to download and install.

This should is a good sign that Verizon might end up releasing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC Droid Incredible 2 since both phones are essentially one in the same.

HTC said that it would make a decision as to whether the Droid Incredible 2 would get Ice Cream Sandwich by August.

For those with an Incredible S though, enjoy ICS.

Comments

1. ICS says

Not so smooth as GB version but very slight difference. In any case, no doubt, everyone should install it. Interface has differences, I like the icon in icon capability a lot, save the scrolling, not that big issue. Web surfing is faster, gmail is intuitive. Generally an improvement. Cons are….. maybe slightly slow when opening widget, apps etc, maybe.

2. Chris says

Mine updated last night. I’m very unhappy, wish I could remove it. Animations now stutter. touch screen less resonsive. Gallery doesn’t show any videos taken before the upgrade. Face unlock – useless gimick doesn’t work in real world. My current Fav game Blookid doesn’t work properly.

3. Roberto says

Hi, I’ve got the same opinion as Chris. I am really unhappy and dissapointed!! I wish I never updated it. It’s become really really slow instead of being a smartphone it is a stupidphone that doesn’t even call or send messages properly!!! I wanna smash it in some designer’s face that don’t try the versions before make them available!! Most of people need the phone for work and now what???? Shall I buy another phone?? And also spends triple battery than before!!! What kind of joke is this!!!! Never get me back in ANdroid unless this is solved whithin a week.

4. Hassan says

Hi!
    I have been reading reviews about the ICS update for Incredible S for quite sometime now, and by judging the reaction of many I think I should stick with gingerbread. Unless of course a new bug free update comes out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

5. A technical support agent says

I too have installed the update… Actually its installing now. But I work as Tier II tech support for Vzw. I get a lot of calls about the ICS update, and the people who don’t seem to like the update is either old people, who are pissed off about how they can’t use there phone (Because it looks different). Seriously. I have gotten screamed at, over this its kind of funny. But the other people who hate the ICS update is people like some of you guys. How it makes your phone lag, or some applications are running funny. Truth is some of the applications aren’t compatible with the update. So once my phone gets done installing, I’m going to factory reset my phone, start it fresh. THen set up my phone from there. I usually find that to fix the lag, and freezing of the phone.

• Unsatisfied HTC Incredible S ICS User says

I actually did a factory reset after ICS update on my Incredible S. Sadly, I am facing all the problems people are complaining about.

1. Battery Life Span sucks
      2. App lag
      3. Whole entire phone lags and hangs to be honest.
      4. My data usage for my email suddenly boost up to 6GB per month compared to Gingerbread where I barely use 3GB per month.

Any advise?

• sarav says

I had problems after I had installed the update…I hated it but once I had done the reset its fast…smoother and looks good….

6. goggsy76 says

Spent a heap of money on games which are now redundant due to this upgrade, piece of crap! Time to get an apple