Verizon Widens the 4G LTE Coverage Gap Again Tomorrow
Verizon will be expanding its 4G LTE network again tomorrow, an expansion that will bring its total amount of 4G LTE markets in the United States up to 337.
The carrier has announced that it will be expanding its 4G LTE network to 33 new cities tomorrow, bolstering its high-speed data network that is already miles ahead of the competition in terms of coverage.
AT&T, Verizon’s closest 4G LTE rival, current boasts 47 4G LTE markets in the U.S. while Sprint, which just launched its 4G LTE network in July 15th, only has a mere 15 markets in the U.S.
Verizon, after tomorrow, will have its network in 337 markets around the United States. The carrier will also be expanding in several other markets that currently have 4G LTE service.
Here is a list of the 33 markets set to receive 4G LTE service tomorrow:
- El Dorado/Magnolia, Russellville, Ark.
- New London County, Conn.
- Fort Pierce/Vero Beach, Melbourne/Titusville, FL.
- Columbus, Rome, GA.
- Burley, ID.
- Mattoon, Ill.
- Anderson, Muncie, Ind.
- Manhattan/Junction City, McPherson, Kan.
- Lafayette/New Iberia, LA.
- St. Joseph, MO.
- Bozeman/Livingston, Kalispell, Missoula, Mont.
- Goldsboro/Kinston, Roanoke Rapids, Rocky Mount/Wilson, N.C.
- Zanesville, OH.
- Meadville, Punxsutawney/DuBois/Clearfield, PA.
- Orangeburg, S.C.
- Sherman/Denison, Texas; Cedar City, Logan, UT.
- Rutland/Bennington, VT.
- Lynchburg, Winchester, VA.
- Bellingham, WA.
- Beckley, W.Va.
Verizon will also be expanding its current 4G LTE service in 32 markets, a list that includes:
- Mobile, Ala.
- Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, CA.
- Washington, D.C.
- Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Sarasota/Bradenton, Fla.
- Hilo, Honolulu, Kahului/Wailuku/Maui County, HI
- Blackfoot/Idaho Falls/Rexburg, Idaho
- Peoria, Ill.
- Indianapolis, Ind.
- Wichita, Kan.
- Baton Rouge, LA.
- Baltimore, MD.
- Kansas City, Springfield, MO.
- Akron, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Ohio.
- Allentown/Bethlehem, Harrisburg, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pa.
- Columbia and Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C.
- Provo/Orem, Salt Lake City/Ogden, UT.
- Fredericksburg, VA.
- Seattle, WA.
Apple is rumored to be putting 4G LTE on its iPhone for the first time and Verizon seems like it is, at this point, best equipped for the launch.