Best Nexus 7 Bluetooth Keyboards

The Nexus 7 is an incredibly portable tablet, but the 7 inch screen limits the size of the keyboard and the ability to use the Nexus 7 for productivity.

By pairing a bluetooth keyboard to the Nexus 7 you’ll gain a better typing experience thanks to larger physical keys.

Nexus 7 keyboard cases are destined to be cramped, to accommodate the small size of the Nexus 7, but many Bluetooth keyboards will work with the Nexus 7.

Read: Best Nexus 7 Cases

Here are some of the top Android Bluetooth keyboards, which will help you turn your Nexus 7 into a portable productivity based tablet when you need to answer a lot of emails or write up a paper.

It’s important to keep in mind that not every Bluetooth keyboard will work with an Android tablet. I tried pairing the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard cover for the iPad with my Nexus 7 and found that letters often repeated themselves or were unresponsive.

The following Nexus 7 keyboards are designed to work with Android tablets or have been reported as successfully used with other Android tablets.

Logitech Nexus 7 Keyboard

1 / 7
Logitech Nexus 7 Keyboard
The Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android is one of the top keyboard cases for Android tablets, and a natural pairing for the Nexus 7. When traveling the keyboard case covers the keyboard in a sleek hard shell, and when it comes time to type, the case turns into a stand that props the Nexus 7 up in front of the spacious keyboard. This keyboard pairs with Android and includes media controls, though we have not been able to test the media controls on the Nexus 7 running Jelly Bean, we think they will work. The Logitech Android Tablet keyboard has high ratings on Amazon, and is a top pick for a Nexus 7 keyboard. -- $51 at Amazon
1 / 7

Comments

• Asfar Aza says

1. mingtots says

hai everyone.have u ever heard about nexus 7 keyboard cover-nexus 7 bluetooth keyboard leatherette folio case from u play?its serves as folio cover case,wireless bluetooth keyboard and a kickstand.its suits the best for those who always emailing,and writing documents.i myself have one of this.and its really cool.try to check it yourself at http://www.uplaytablet.com/nexus-7-keyboard-cover-nexus-7-bluetooth-keyboard-leatherette-folio-case-from-uplay-white-label-49-99-2/

2. Bobbert says

OK, seriously, that FocalCase option is UGH. LEE. How did that make it into the top 7? The HP keyboard (designed for the now defunct Touchpad) also works well with the Nexus 7, and is very similar to the Moto model.

3. bharat says

Nexus 7 keyboard designed is very nice it is very good looking.Nexus 7 keyboards are designed to work with Android tablets or have been reported as successfully used with other Android tablets.

4. dipali says

The Nexus 7 Bluetooth keyboard case from Asus is the most interesting new accessory. Mobile fun claims this is the official Nexus 7 keyboard case with a form-fitting folio design and a stand to prop the Nexus 7 up for typing or watching videos.
    The Nexus 7 Bluetooth keyboard case includes a dustproof and spill proof full QWERTY keyboard that lasts 45 hours on the built in rechargeable battery. The rubberized keys won’t likely deliver an amazing typing experience, but Mobile fun claims it is a quiet keyboard. The case is £79.95, which is about $125 USD, but there is no official release date, so hopefully this price will drop when it is announced.

5. nomita says

Hi guys. I’m about to be the proud owner of the Nexus 7 (in the post ) and I was thinking about getting a keyboard for it. I’ll be rooting it and enabling USB OTG support for it, which means I’ll be able to use a USB keyboard (well, and a PS/2 one too… but who would want to do that!?) as well as a Bluetooth keyboard.

If I had a keyboard, I’d most likely be using it for typing out long forum posts and probably some document editing too. Now, would you guys recommend me actually getting a keyboard at all, or would you guys say it’s a waste of time and the on-screen keyboard is good enough, even for “long” typing sessions? Are there any other advantages to using a keyboard (i.e. games)?

6. Mustafa Bangash says

I have used so many keyboards, but when I used Nexus 7 keyboard I found it very soft keys and friendly. It is very easy and simple especially for typists and data entry workers who using the keyboard for hours continuously.

7. suman bhattarai says

8. imraj hossain says

9. mahendra2singh mahendra says

10. Antur Bhuiyan says

There are different keyboard but i like this keyboard and there is no doubt that this keyboard is cool. I would like to recommend one more choice. The more choices, the better for us. It’s an Aluminum Case with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 which serves as a best partner for my Nexus 7 in many ways.It.

11. ahmad ashraf says

12. nkarunarathna51 says

13. nkarunarathna51 says

There is no doubt that this keyboard is cool. However, I would like to recommend one more choice. The more choices, the better for us. It’s an Aluminum Case with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 which serves as a best partner for my Nexus 7 in many ways.It is sold at $39.99 only. Hope my recommendation helps. There is no doubt that this keyboard is cool. However, I would like to recommend one more choice. The more choices, the better for us. It’s an Aluminum Case with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 which serves as a best partner for my Nexus 7 in many ways.It is sold at $39.99 only. Hope my recommendation helps.

14. subrata sarker says

15. claaay says

I want an all-in-one keyboard/case, but all the ones I have seen are waaay too small and the build quality utterly chintzy. A 7 inch tablet is just about 1/2 the size of a full size keyboard. How hard would it be to incorporate a high quality case and full-function folding (once in the middle) keyboard the exact size of a 7 inch tablet? And I want it to have a track pad too!

16. arif says

There is no doubt that this keyboard is cool. However, I would like to recommend one more choice. The more choices, the better for us. It’s an Aluminum Case with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 which serves as a best partner for my Nexus 7 in many ways.It is sold at $39.99 only. Hope my recommendation helps.”

17. Raaz says

it’s a cool and wonderful board. it’s designed to use with android. so i recomend it to use…

18. shohib says

I think this Nexus 7 Bluetooth Keyboard Folio Case cum skin should be on your list. I was very keen to have it. because it looks very elegant danTerbaik of all, wireless and portable and looks great.

19. shohib says

I think this Nexus 7 Bluetooth Keyboard Folio Case cum skin should be on your list. I was very keen to have it. because it looks very elegant and the best of all, wireless and portable and looks great. i very like that portable.

• motiur08034 says

20. itcoolnews90 says

If you are looking for a keyboard and case for your Google Nexus 7 tablet, I would recommend Nexus 7 Aluminum Wireless Keyboard Case from uPlay Tablet ($39.99). It is a 3-in-1 case for Google Nexus 7 tablet: It connects to Nexus 7 via Bluetooth. You use it as a keyboard to type. It serves as a stand. When you slide Nexus 7 into it, it becomes a case to protect your tablet. It’s made by high quality aluminum, looks stylish and very sturdy. uPlay Tablet is famous for it Aluminum Wireless Keyboard for iPad, the quality of those aluminum keyboard is very good

21. nenad says

Много једноставнији за коришћење од Некус тастатуру блуетоотх, посебно са медијима, ја луткица ће помоћи поједноставити систем рада везе и користећи тастатуру да би писање или посао или код куће или у канцеларији.
    За више информација погледајте овај линк:

22. nenad says

Да ли неко зна, да ли упграде то желе пасуља излази на пламен, не губите фласх диск и пејзажни режим ако га инсталирате? Видео сам предлоге да ће млеч пасуљ изађу, али ја не желим да завршим са некус 7 уместо пламена.

23. Ron Drier says

This thread has been seriously compromised with idiots repeating the same stupid comments and the same link. The owner needs to go through and eliminate these morons. Otherwise, its a worthless thread.

24. Rik says

Wish I could find a keyboard like wireless IR one PalmOne used to make. It was great & folded up small enough to fit in a pocket.

25. Star says

This is also a Bluetooth keyboard that also doubles as a case/stand. I had doubts when I ordered it but when it arrived I found it simply awesome. It’s not very fast when you first connect it (like all bt keyboards I tried ever) but otherwise it works flawlessly. Love that it doubles as a solid case and the build quality resembles the nexus 7 itself (same dotted rubber back, same plastic interior that matches the rim). The only issue about this are the letters printed that could easily fade away. I also recommend screen protection, because there’s a line somewhere that touches the screen and the protection shows signs of use in that particular area (it’s cheap and it scratches easily, no idea how the actual screen could show signs of use and after how long).
    Overall I like that it makes my nexus 7 look like a mini laptop, Without leather cases and improvised stands. It just fits all my requirements neatly :D