Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean Update Still Rolling Out

Last week, Google and Verizon starting pushing out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. However, it has become apparent that some owners are still waiting for the update to arrive, an indication that the software is still rolling out and probably rolling out slowly.

On Friday of last week, just as Apple released its iPhone 5, the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arrived for some owners after a lengthy wait.

Some owners were able to pull it down Over-the-Air and others were able to use a manual trick in order to snag the new software. Others though, weren’t so lucky.

Read: Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean Update: First Impressions and Performance.

vzw

Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update proof of life.

I decided to wait to see just how long it would take for the update to arrive and this morning, my Galaxy Nexus finally got the upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. I will be sharing my thoughts later today.

I imagine there are other people that were in a similar boat over the weekend and it could be that today is the day that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean finally arrives for your device. Keep in mind, Sprint’s Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update did something similar in that it rolled out extremely slow and then starting hitting the masses a few days later.

Read: How to Get the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean Update Right Now.

So, for those that own a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, it might be worth taking a peek and seeing whether the update has become available today.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is a massive improvement over Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and it brings a number of new features and improvements to the table. A sampling includes a faster, smoother UI, offline Voice diction, better voice search, more photography options in the camera application and a whole lot more.

It’s an update that is worth picking up.

Anyone out there still waiting for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?

Comments

• Monkey$$ says

Try this method it works :) Enjoy your Jelly

>>>>

People Good news and Bad news. Bad news first: All the Placebo methods are not true. Good News: well not really.

I tried updating my device using the google framework and everything else over 100 times. Didn’t work, but i finally put some logic and it did in a heart beat. After you clear the framework if you go hit the “Check now” it checks to NULL. So here are the steps:

WI-FI ON>Mobile Data OFF> Google Framework services> Clear Data> Force Stop> [NOW COMES THE IMPORTANT PART] WAIT!>After there is more DATA populating and CLEAR DATA lights up (about 1-2 minutes)again go to System Updates and VIOLA!!!

Please please please make sure you wait on the Google Framework services screen after you Clear Data and Force Stop. If not it will not work. Goodluck and Jelly!

• Monkey$$ says

Try this :) Enjoy your Jelly your are welcome :) Monkey$$

>>>>

• Monkey$$ says

Try this. It work :) enjoy your JB :)

>>>

1. Gobsmacked says

Tried the ” Stop Google Framework services> Clear Cace> Check System Update” workaround. JB started dling immediately.

2. sjandy says

still waiting in bay area. I even did the trick of turning of Mobile Data and Turning on Wifi and clearing Google Services Framework data. Seems to not make a difference

• Andy says

I’m in the bay area, and clearing Google Services Framework data and Force Stopping worked for me.

• Monkey$$ says

Try this :) Enjoy the JB

>>>>

3. VERIZON STILL SLOW says

Still doing.the Verizon two step called waiting and waiting.some more here in Alabama

4. Kathy says

I tried the manual update (Apps, Google Services Framework, Force Stop, Clear Data, go back to About phone, Check for system update) via WiFi here in Indianapolis and it still said my phone was up to date even though I’m still running 4.0.4.

• Moneky says

Kathy Try my Method it works like a charm :) enjoy your JB :)

5. Nexus Galaxy says

As per the pervious article, try doing the Services Framework Clear Data thing several times in a row…it worked for me after 4 times. I’ve had 4.1 since it was pushed out a few days ago….very, very nice, but I wish it had helped with battery life…still inferior to my S III.

6. Mike says

Doing the Services Framework Clear Data thing several times in a row worked for me after 2 tries.

7. Moneky says

8. Kathy says

Got after I tried the Google Services Framework/Clear Data/ Check for updates 4x in a row. Not sure why I had to do it 4x in a row (I tried well over 4x in the previous 2 days but not right in a row), but it worked. So far so good, enjoying Google Now although my traffic “minutes to home” card isn’t always right.

9. Melissa Park says

Got it this morning early in central New Hampshire. Looks like it will be awesome. I did have an issue with one of my apps though. Once the update installed, my pictures that normally upload to my photobucket account as soon as I take them, all began to upload again. I guess if I know an update is coming, I can disable the upload until the new install completes, then just switch it back on. I went ahead and deleted the contents of my Gallery. Other than that it seems like it’s smooth sailin.

10. PyxyDust says

Got it tonight at about 7:00pm in Phoenix but now I have a solid blue indicator light when the phone is at rest.

Anyone figure out how to turn it off? I’ve cleared all emails, VM, text, etc.