Clicky

LG Nexus 4 Shipping November 15th

By  |  16 Comments

The LG Nexus 4 is shipping on November 15th to users that were able to order the LG Nexus 4 from the Google Play store on Tuesday November 13th.

With two-day shipping, users can expect to get their hands on the LG Nexus 4 as early as Monday November 19th, unless users are lucky enough to get Saturday UPS deliveries. Originally Google said orders would ship immediately, but it looks like the process is taking a few days, which isn’t surprising given the hectic ordering process.

LG Nexus 4 on sale Tuesday

The LG Nexus 4 is now shipping.

The LG Nexus 4 is officially sold out in the Google Play store, but Google promises new stock in the “coming weeks.” There is no option to sign up for a notification when stock returns.

The LG Nexus 4 sold out in under an hour for most shoppers, though some reported success in refreshing the page over and over as Google placed limited quantities up for sale throughout the day.

Shoppers can also buy the LG Nexus 4 from T-Mobile starting this week, but without a contract the price is higher than the Google Play store’s unlocked $349 price. eBay is already showing a number of LG Nexus 4 auctions for between $400 and $450 for the 16GB Nexus model that retails for $349.

Check LG Nexus 4 Shipping Date

Shoppers that purchased the LG Nexus 4 on November 13th can check their order status to see the estimated shipping date.

Log in to the Google Play store.

Click on the gear icon next to your username in the upper right.

LG nexus 4 shipping status

Check LG Nexus 4 shipping status.

Click on My Orders & Settings.

Look for the the order, and see if Google shows a Shipping estimate under Status.

LG nexus 4 shipping

The LG Nexus 4 is shipping as early as November 15th in the U.S.

Clicking info will show the Google Wallet transaction, but does not include the LG nexus 4 tracking number.

What is the Nexus 4

LG nexus 4

Why the LG Nexus 4 is special.

The LG Nexus 4 is a vanilla Android device which runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. This is the latest version of Android with new features like PhotoSphere for 360-degree photos, fast access to settings and new lock screen widgets. As a pure Google device, the Nexus 4 will receive new updates to the latest versions of Android first.

Read: LG Nexus 4 Carrier Comparison

The new Nexus runs on HSPA+ networks from T-Mobile and AT&T, as well as on pre-paid carriers that use those networks. The phone features a 4.7-inch display, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 8MP rear facing camera and 2GB RAM. The phone also features wireless charging, though the official LG Nexus 4 wireless charger is not available.

Even though the LG Nexus 4 lacks 4G LTE, it can connect at fast mobile speeds and comes unlocked with no contract for the low price of $299 and $349. Combined with the promise of fast updates to new versions of Android, it proves popular with users looking for an affordable off contract smartphone.

Josh Smith is Editor of GottaBeMobile and Notebooks.com. He's always looking for ways to help you get the most of your gear and loves to talk about tech on radio and TV. Josh uses an iOS and Android devices as well as Mac and Windows Computers. Josh Smith on Google+ Email: [email protected]

16 Comments

1. palo reyes

11/14/2012 at 10:35 am

Mine only shows pre ordered & my money was taken off my credit card/ debit card ?? What does pre ordered mean under the status section n like I said my money was taken off

2. kal326

11/14/2012 at 10:49 am

Thanks for the info on where to see shipping estimates. I was looking in Wallet and couldn’t find anything related to it other than the order. Since I was one of the late orders I wasn’t for sure if I was actually going to get one soon because Wallet still showed Pending and I couldn’t find the ‘Estimated Shipping Date’ everyone was talking about. Looks like I will be keeping an eye out Saturday or Monday now.

3. Eric

11/14/2012 at 12:23 pm

Will we be refunded for the extra 2 day shipping cost?

• Calvin Goetz

11/15/2012 at 9:22 am

I would hope so. Or maybe they’ll give everyone who ordered a Nexus 4 like a $10 Google Play Store credit, that would make up for it for me

4. Darren Meier

11/14/2012 at 12:37 pm

Is this sourced from someone at Google? Because we all knew this yesterday, as far as the order/setting info (all orders in the initial rush immediately said the same thing re shipping 15 November, from before the Play Store even crashed hard, so it seems to have little to do with the trouble we all experienced)… unless there is a source behind this, it seems like baseless speculation.

5. Harry Peart

11/14/2012 at 3:04 pm

Get on just checked mine for this and yes it says the 15th can’t to get my Nexus Who’s up for Rooting =P

6. palo reyes

11/14/2012 at 4:37 pm

My status still says pre ordered & 384.77was taken off my credit card I called Google yesterday &today &they said I just made it but my status is saying &been saying pre ordered since yesterday morning when I ordered!!! Google both days said I’ll get one for sure though if my status doesn’t change tomorrow then I know something is wrong

7. Juns. I Bring Them. (@JunBringer)

11/15/2012 at 7:39 am

Does anyone know where they’re shipping from for US east cost folks?

8. HelloNexus

11/15/2012 at 11:19 am

For me it says estimated date of shipping the 15th

9. Bob

11/15/2012 at 12:12 pm

Mine says shipping date is estimated to be the 15th,
    Also, for the 2 day shipping, that just means that after it is given to UPS it will take no more than 2 days to get to you. It does not mean that you will receive it 2 days from when it is ordered.

“All packages are delivered via UPS two-day shipping. However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.” – Google Play Help

10. Jesse

11/15/2012 at 12:44 pm

just got an email from Google play….Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks….OMG!!!!! and they will credit the shipping charges…

• JP

11/15/2012 at 2:14 pm

Hi, On 13th what time you have place the order ?

• Jesse

11/15/2012 at 2:25 pm

was 12:30pm est

11. JP

11/15/2012 at 2:31 pm

OK. Thank you. I have ordered at 11:30 CT. Not sure whether I will get my phone or not.
    Till now, did not get any “backorder” email from google.

• Jesse

11/15/2012 at 2:41 pm

good for you….then you could get around 19th….