Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Release Date Inches Closer

The Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update, which was promised all the way back in August of last year, appears to be on the way as Samsung UK has posted all of the details regarding the update to its website, a sign that a release date might be close.

Read: Galaxy Note & Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Updates Hitting Canada in February?.

Since August, when Samsung announced that the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update would roll out “soon”, owners have been waiting patiently for the software to arrive. Since then, the company has offered very little other than a posting showing off some some of the features of the upcoming update including the Premium Suite that will bring Multi-Window View on top of the Jelly Bean features.

Galaxy-Note-Size02-620x471

The Galaxy Note Jelly Bean release date has inched closer.

Now though, we have a sign that things are close as the Jelly Bean update has been found by PocketNow, posted on Samsung UK’s website in plain view. The manual shows off the features of the still unreleased Galaxy Note Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. Unfortunately though, from the contents of the manual, it appears that an update is still completely unknown.

However, given that the manual has appeared for the GT-7100, the international version of the Galaxy Note, we imagine that an update may not be too far behind. And now that the Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean update has started to roll out, we knew it would be only a matter of time before Samsung started to prepare for the Galaxy Note upgrade.

Read: Wait for Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Update Continues.

Of course, what Galaxy Note owners will be looking for now is a release date, only, they shouldn’t expect one from Samsung’s mouth directly. Instead, the software will likely roll out silently to owners in a region or two and then roll out shortly to other regions in the weeks afterward. The update will likely start with the international version and move to carrier-branded models later on.

That means that AT&T Galaxy Note owners likely have several weeks of waiting to look forward to, even if the update does roll out sometime in the not-so-distant future.

Comments

1. Ryan says

There are no comments because every single n7000 owner is mad. They don’t care about the update anymore because we’ve been waiting too long and now it seems that a lot of samsung galaxy note users are not considering buying a samsung anymore. it’s time to switch to a different phone..of course not a toy phone named apple iphone but a real phone called Nexus. :) have a nice day.

• Able Lawrence (@abledoc) says

Dont be silly. Samsung is the best OEM for upgrades barring Nexus phones. Even the 2 year old S2 is getting updates whereas even Googles very own Motorola is the worst offender. I know how you are feeling (I felt the same feeling waiting for ICS) but on the whole this is a better deal. It sure can get better but would need some overall system level changes in Android which might come in as a surprise with Android 5.0

• wjlung says

My sentiments exactly. Galaxy Note will be the first and last Samsung smartphone I buy. My next phone will also be called Nexus.

2. brandon says

Im with Ryan we’ve been waiting to long and they keep us last to update Im not ever buying anything from samsung again!!

3. Bosse says

Come on! We have 4,0 and it works just fine. I don’t mind waiting for 4,1. Samsung rules 100%!

4. james says

Hey Samsung make a great product. Slow on updates for older units but still a great product, my Note 10.1 just got jellybean it rocks and Bosse was right 4.0 works just fine.

5. Ryan says

Hey thanks guys, I’m not daying that Samsung is bad because their products are very good. I did not have any other phone than Samsung( i mean contract). It sucks that a big company like Samsung don’t keep their promises. I knowsamsung does heavy modifications to android (thats why it takes ages) but still.

6. David says

March 9th and still nothing for my Note. This was not a cheap phone, it was an expensive top of the line Phablet and Samsung treats its owners like they own the free giveaway model.
    Maybe I got spoiled by my old IPhone, but it was snappier in response, updated regularly and it’s customers in the US didn’t get treated like dirt. If the new IPhone had. 4.5 inch screen I may get that or a different brand of Android, but whatever I get, it won’t be a Samsung.