How to Use the Evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Tool

The evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak is out and Gotta Be Mobile is here to show you how to use the evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak tool.

The jailbreaking process is straightforward, but many new jailbreak users will appreciate our evasi0n walkthrough with screenshots of the process and soon a video guide.

The evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak is available for the iPhone 5, iPad 4 and iPad mini as well as all Apple mobile devices running iOS 6 or higher. The tool works on iOS 6 and smaller versions up to iOS 6.1.

Read: How to Unjailbreak iOS 6.1

How to Use the Evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak

The following ten steps will help you use evasi0n to jailbreak the iPhone, iPad, iPad mini and iPod touch. check out the step-by-step instructions below, or watch our two-minute How to Jailbreak the iPhone 5 video below.

Step 1. Plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into your computer and perform a backup in iTunes. Click on “Back Up Now” in iTunes under the iPhone tab.

How to evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak - 1

Make a backup before using the evasi0n jailbreak tool.

Step 2. Download the evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak tool for Mac, Windows or Linux and install. this will unzip the evasi0n tool and open a folder with three files. If the links up top don’t work, scroll down to find mirrors.

How to evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak - 2

Unzip the evasi0n tool to get started.

Step 3. The recommended step is to restore the iPhone in iTunes and set up as a new phone to avoid any bugs, but users are not required to do this.

Step 4. Remove a Passcode if you have one on your iPhone. This is required for the jailbreak to work, and you can re-enable after the iOS 6.1 jailbreak is complete.

Tap on Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock – Enter code -> turn Passcode Off -> Enter Passcode.

Step 5. With the iPhone plugged in launch the evasi0n app.

How to evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak - 3

Launch the evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak tool and click Jailbreak.

Step 6. Click Jailbreak. After this, do not touch the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch until instructed to do so.

Step 7. Wait while the iPhone reboots as part of the evasi0n jailbreak. This may happen several times, so users should wait until the jailbreak completes to disconnect the iPhone.

How to evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak - 6

When prompted, unlock the iPhone.

Step 8. When prompted unlock the iPhone or iPad and tap on the Jailbreak icon. Tap once, do not unplug the device or try tapping it a second time.

How to evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak - iPhone 5 - 1

Tap Jailbreak to complete the evasi0n jailbreak.

Step 9. The evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak tool will inject the final jailbreak data.

evasion jailbreak complete

The evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak is complete.

Step 10. When the evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak tool says, “Jailbreak complete!” the jailbreak process is over, but the phone may restart several times to finish the process.

How to evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak - iPhone 5 - 6

Wait for the evasi0n jailbreak to finish on the iPhone.

Setting up Cydia on iOS 6.1

With the iOS 6.1 jailbreak complete, find the Cydia icon and tap on it once. The app will launch and initialize Cydia. The App will then restart. The iPhone or iPad may also restart  during this process.

How to evasi0n iOS 6.1 Jailbreak - iPhone 5 - 8

Cydia will prepare the filesystem before you can use it.

When complete, tap on Cydia and select your user type. Now you can go looking for the best iOS 6.1 jailbreak apps.

Stay tuned for the latest iOS 6.1 jailbreak news.

Comments

• Stephen Inness says

Did anyone get more information on this issue? I am also am getting a size mismatch error. As well as bad gateway prompts. Running ios 6.1 on an ipad 2.

1. Deepak says

I enter evasion on my computer but i don’t get that jailbreak thing…. It is there but I can’t click that icon

2. blawoef says

Cydia servers must be overloaded currently, seems only natural with millions of us trying to access at the same time.

As to JBing OTA updated systems, evasi0n team explicitly recommended against it, so I am certainly going to go the backup->clean restore->jailbreak->restore backup route.

• KiKi says

Help! When I download it, it just keep going to iTunes and I dont see the icon on my computer.

3. KiKi says

It will not let me download it. Every time I try to, it just keep going to iTunes. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

• magz1010 says

download what?? when you plug your phone to computer?? if everytime you okug your computer on itunes it means you check the box that whenever it was plug itunes will automatically open… uncheck that one …. then open the app icon of evasion… extract it first then run…

• magz1010 says

have you open the file you downloaded?? you have to look on the folder where your diwnloaded files goes or saved….in windows it was zip… so you have to extract it first before you can run it…. when you double click it … theres a choices if you extract it first or run….

• magz1010 says

or you mean the evasion jailbreak icon on the iphone when it still in process of jailbreaking??? you have to swipe right to check… if its still no there… try another mirrow then download it again….

4. pelypel says

Works well cydia is struggling to keep up though, so everyone be cool for a little while on Cydia.

5. Mamat says

I have problem downloading my cydia sources and tweak. Always error and host not responding. Pls help

6. brye says

it works on my iphone 4s but discovered a bug> my WEATHER keeps on crashing.. any idea how to fix this? thanks

7. lector says

I’ve got the same problem as some other users above. Jailbreak works fine up to the step when I have to unlock my screen and tap the jailbreak icon. But there is no icon at all. I’ve tried it several times, different download mirrors, always the same result – no icon to tap on. Did anybody find a solution to fix the problem?

8. JohnJ says

What is the background that you use for your phone? Where can I get it? It looks so awesome…

9. Lucas says

Why after I jailbroken my phone, all apps or games i download needs money even the apps is free.