Rumored Samsung Galaxy S4 Benchmarks Show 1080p, Android 4.2

The Samsung Galaxy S4, which is likely going to officially launch later this month, has appeared in new possible benchmarks which show a device running a full HD 1080p display, a speedy processor, and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, the latest piece of Android software from Google.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumor & Release Date Roundup.

Over the past few months, the Samsung Galaxy S4 has emerged in more than a few rumors ahead of its official launch. The device has been rumored to feature a 4.99-inch to 5-inch full HD 1080p display, quad-core processor that may be a Qualcomm 600 for some variants and a Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor for others, a 13MP camera, a design that mirrors the Galaxy S3 or the Galaxy Note 8.0, and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.

These benchmarks are said to be for the Galaxy S4.

These benchmarks are said to be for the Galaxy S4.

We’ve seen the device arrive in a number of possible benchmark scores which have pointed to several of those features and the device has shown up again in a possible benchmark for the China Telecom version of the Galaxy S4.

The benchmark shows a device called the SCH-I959. The Galaxy S3 launched on China Telecom with model number SCH-I939 so Blog of Mobile, who first discovered the benchmark, believes this new GT-I959 is its successor, the Galaxy S4.

While the destination is important, there are also some key specifications that have surfaced with this supposed benchmark. The device looks to be rocking an FHD display which means 1080p resolution, a processor clocked at 1.8GHz, and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. While benchmarks can be faked, these have all been mentioned as features of the Galaxy S4 in the past.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S4 Hands On Experience May Come to Times Square.

The Galaxy S4 will likely launch March 14th.

The Galaxy S4 will likely launch March 14th.

We likely won’t know what the Galaxy S4 is for sure until Samsung debuts it on stage. That event is said to be taking place in March 14th in New York City at the Radio City Music Hall. The venue can hold over 6,000 people which means that this isn’t a small launch that Samsung has planned.

Instead, it will likely be the Galaxy S4, a device that will be replacing the Galaxy S3, a smartphone that has sold over 40 million units around the world.

Comments

1. techlover1 says

Samsung galaxy s4 must be the greatest smartphone ever made!, and in all aspects! (Hardware and software ).and so we are all enthusiastically waiting for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. crwolv says

I was going to purchase this device but now since it will NOT have an amoled screen and depending on area will not have a snaodragon which has shown a far superior product starting with the s4 and now thw 600 will even lead the pack. Ill wait for the awesome and LG again nexus 5 or moto xphone

3. wano says

Again I need to post this….like the 2nd person said …Amoled?? Wtf over saturated colors or wat! Listen people don’t fall victims of advisement like I did , Samsung got lots of money in advisement and I got s3 but there are better devices than this, it feels cheap , my next phone is going 2b the new HTC m7 aka HTC one ! It just won the award for best smart phone 2013 ….all us Sammy people need 2 know is your going 2 get a add on (wrist watch )on Samsung s4 that’s is it ! Check out project ( j ) in Google.

4. Jack says

Flagship Galaxy phones are the same or more expensive than iPhones.

Everyone knows Apple is the king of brainwash marketing though. That’s how they get people like you to buy last year’s technologies.

5. William says

htc and quality don’t belong in the same sentence. htc makes one of the most unreliable phones.

that’s why nobody buys htc because htc is junk. using “nice” material isn’t the same as having good build quality.

6. Riley says

Out of all the rumors, I’m most excited for the 1080p display. Of course, we will find out if it’s a rumor or not in a few hours, but it’s something that I would love to use. Throughout the commute to and from work at DISH, I like to stream my live and recorded shows on my phone, since it takes some time getting there. I like using the DISH Anywhere app to stream from my DVR wherever I go, and I’d like a higher resolution display to watch them on.