Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Update Rolls Out to More Users

The Samsung Galaxy Note Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, which started back in February, has rolled out to more users today specifically to owners of the Galaxy Note, model number SHV-E160S, in Korea.

Read: Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Update Roll Out Starts.

In the middle of February, Samsung finally started the long-awaited Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean roll out, a roll out that had been promised to owners all the way back in August of last year when Samsung took the stage to announce the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. On stage, the company said that the Galaxy Note would be getting Android 4.1 soon. However soon turned into a several month wait which ended last month.

Galaxy-Note-01-620x412-575x382

More Galaxy Note owners, not on AT&T, got their Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates.

Last month, Samsung rolled out the Galaxy Note Android 4.1 update for the first time, hitting owners of the international version of the device. Now, finally, the roll out has touched even more users.

It appears that, according to SamMobile, that owners of the Korean version of the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number SHV-E160S, have begun receiving their upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The update is in line with the international version of the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean upgrade and brings owners up to speed with many of the features found on the Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3.

In addition to the features that come with Android 4.1 such as a smoother UI, Google Now and improved notifications and widgets, owners of the original Galaxy Note are getting Multi-View which allows owners to split the display up to run two separate apps, a better Samsung keyboard, Pop Up Play and a whole lot more.

Those who wish to update their SHV-E160S Galaxy Note can do so Over-the-Air or through Samsung’s update software, Samsung Kies. We recommend the OTA if it’s available given issues that can arise with Kies.

As for the rest of the world, specifically the United States, the update remains out of reach. It’s unclear just when AT&T might be upgrading its Galaxy Note but as we saw with the Android 4.0 update, it took several months after the initial roll out for the software to arrive.

Comments

• Unsuccessful download says

yes, it’s available via kies. unfortunately, the thing hanged while I was upgrading :( Now I’m trying to recover but unsuccessful :( can anybody help?

• digger says

you may need to factory reset.hold down key home key and on key for boot mode options .then try and recover

• Azrie MwThree says

Are I should download any item to update it….
        I’m try using kies air (window8) but dont have any update..
        And I see all vids using kies air for galaxy note1 but there no any update

1. NanaHawk says

The article talks about a model number “SHV-E160S”. How do I see what my equivalent model number is?

2. Michelle says

After reading some of the posts, I went into settings and checked for updated and received an update of 36.58MB today,.. After it installed, I got a screen that said “Android is upgrading … Optimizing application __ of 86″ I am in the US with ATT. I will advise more once it finishes everything … Just thought I would share

3. Michelle says

Well, I checked after it finished updating everything, and my Android version is 4.04 :( not sure what the difference between what was already on my phone and this new update is but very disappointing that it was not the 4.1

4. imran says

how to update galaxy note with jelly bean please suggest me …. I tried with kies and with software update …

• Jayson Martz says

Root your i717 first, then Use CyanogenMod 10-1 to manually upgrade to 4.2.2 . Google this ” how to update sch i717 to 4.2.2 ” you will then see a link of how to do it with CM10. Read ..and learn . If I can do it..anyone can.

5. scotsguy says

I am from u.k still no sign of jelly bean update here its way far to long overdue has anyone in u.k got their update yet?

6. Jayson Martz says

My Samsung Galaxy Note i717 is updated manually to 4.2.2 . Do it yourself manually via CyanogenMod 10-1. I love it, especially the nightly updates. Mine is updated to the April.12, 2013 version. My is Carrier is AT&T via no contract unlimited everything ‘Straight talk’ , you can also use no contract T-Mobile via ‘Straight talk or Net10 if you wish. It was very easy to do.

7. Shakalas says

I’m from Lithuania but my galaxy note is from poland. I’ve got update on 17th of April via kies