Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rumors: Galaxy Mega May Limit Size

While the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 rumors have suggested that its display could be either 6.3-inches or 5.9-inches, a new rumor in regards to the Samsung Galaxy Fonblet series, now thought to be called Samsung Galaxy Mega, seems to point to Samsung releasing two devices with 5.8-inch and 6.3-inch displays which could mean that we won’t see a drastic change with the Galaxy Note 3 display size.

Read: Samsung Clears Way for Exynos Octa 5 in Galaxy Note 3.

Earlier this year, we heard about two devices called Samsung Galaxy Fonblet. The devices were rumored to be massive smartphones, bigger than even the Galaxy Note series which has been released in two sizes since it first arrived, the 5.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note and the 5.5-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Rumors suggested display sizes of 6.3-inch and 5.8-inches, which as we told you, threw a twist into the Galaxy Note 3 rumors.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may or may not come with a larger display.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may or may not come with a larger display.

Rumors in regards to the Galaxy Note 3 suggested either a 6.3-inch display or a 5.9-inch display. And now, it appears that Samsung is preparing to release two devices with similar display sizes not called the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

According to well-sourced SamMobile, Samsung is gearing up to announce two new large-screened smartphones later in the year dubbed Samsung Galaxy Mega which will be the Fonblet devices that we heard about earlier this year. The Galaxy Mega 5.8-inch is rumored to be the GT-I9152 and the Galaxy Mega 6.3-inch is rumored to be the GT-I9200.

Interestingly, both devices are rumored to be beating the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to shelves which isn’t expected to be launched until September. Maybe even more interesting is the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 had previously been rumored to have a 6.3-inch display or a 5.9-inch display, something that seems to have been thrown in disarray thanks to this new rumor.

Read: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rumors Take a Twist.

As we pointed out in the past, it would be strange to see Samsung release a Galaxy Note 3 with the same or similar screen size to these new Galaxy Mega devices. So it could be that previous reports that attributed these screen sizes to the Galaxy Note 3, were actually the sizes of these two devices.

So that leaves some different possibilities on the table.

• The Galaxy Note 3 display size is similar to the Galaxy Mega devices, either 5.9-inches or 6.3-inches.
  • The Galaxy Note 3 display size stays at 5.5-inches like the Galaxy Note 2.
  • The Galaxy Note 3 display size is something completely different, something that hasn’t been rumored.

We likely won’t know for sure until later in the year but at this point, don’t be surprised if Samsung keeps the Galaxy Note 3 display the same size as the Galaxy Note 2′s.

Samsung is currently rumored to be introducing the Galaxy Note 3 in September, possibly at IFA. One rumored feature of the Galaxy Note 3 includes the Exynos 5 Octa processor which Samsung introduced earlier this year and will be putting into some versions of the Galaxy S4.

Comments

1. The Truth says

I think that the galaxy note 3 should be the same size as the galaxy note 2 or 5.6 inches the galaxy note is already a big phone it doesn’t need to get much bigger

• Tim says

Agreed. But Samsung was able to get a 5″ device to fit within similar size of the GS3 which is 4.8″. Since the Note 2 is 5.5″ that means they could get a 5.9″ device to fit in the same skin. Just get rid of the bezel which is basically what they did to fit the GS4 in the space of a GS3.

2. Justin McNairy (@JustinMcNairy) says

Galaxy Note 3 can have 6.3 inches. The screen should fill on each edges until it 6.3 inches of the Note 2. If not enough, can slightly increase the size to fit the 6.3 inches display. It would be an awesome phone for the display to take up the space of the edges.

3. Drake says

I just want to note that I wish Samsung would add a detachable bluetooth ear phone on their phablets. One that is ready to use upon detachment and is placed within the contour shape on the side of the phablet body.
It doesn’t need a lot of battery juice like the typical earphone because once you’re done talking with it, it will go right back on the phablet and be recharged. With regard to uncomfortableness on the ear usage this will get better during trial and error in the development stage or successive model issues or they could get it right the first time. And when competition kicks in you’ll see several awesome choices instead. There is only less time to feel uncomfortable with it if it ever. Another feature also is that you won’t look like a geek anymore.

4. marvin trantham says

I think the note 3 should have a 6.3 display I love big phones easy to use and convenient there a4e alot of people lo b e big phones like me I would love to have a even biger phone now I currently own the galakxy note 2 and I love it would be eben better if It was 6.3 inches.

5. The Truth says

Why have such a big phone when the screen size doesn’t have to increase much the phone doesn’t have to be bigger to be better

• Tim says

I remember when people felt 4″ was to big for a phone, yet 25% of the phones sold in 2009 were 4″ – 4.3″. Now people think 5″ is to big yet Samsung with to Note models has sold nearly 15M devices. LG is selling the Optimus Pro which is also 5″with no problem. People buy 7″ tablets and 8″. In fact the Galaxy Note 8 and the Galaxy Tab 7 all have Cellular capabilities outside the USA. I think something that big would surely look stupid, but that is why they come with headphones with mics, and if you can afford such a luxury device, why not invest in an earpiece?

6. armughan says

people have preferences, people like different things that’s why we have different sizes, colors, shapes and types of phone. So, it’s pointless to judge others based on what you think to be abnormal.

7. j wang says

if you want a small phone go buy an s3 or s2 or iphone, some of us want supersized phones, but what they do need todo is increase internal storage 64gb minimum

8. AnnunakiEnvoy says

I have cut a plastic glass to resemble a 6.3 inch display. I made it looking like the s4.
    I’m a cute guy 70kg//5’5″ in height/32inch waistline. Guess what? I found out that 6.3 is so comfortable in my hand. And when i pocketed it into my Levie’s 527 it was ok though bulky. overall – my impression is 6.3 inch NOTE3 is still within comfort zone.

9. mehm says

You left out a possibility and likely THE possibility that the Fonblet/Mega of which you speak IS the Note 3. I hope 6.3″ comes to fruition as It will be perfect size for me. I also hope more manufacturers even including samsung get on the pen/stylus bandwagon as any phone over 4.5″ used as more than just a call device to any tablet regardless of size would benefit some to greatly from a stylus.

10. Martin says

6″ display in the same footprint of the Galaxy Note II (and same thickness! – I don’t care about how much thinner it can get) would be perfect for me. I suspect the Note III will have a 5.9″ display and a relatively minor bezel with a change on the physical home button design.

11. Mainframe says

Some people are so narrow minded. Have you ever thought about people who are large like basketball players who can’t fit their fingers on a tiny ass phone like you can with your kid like hands?