Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date: AT&T First, Verizon Last?

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 release date could come more than a month after the first Galaxy S4 release. This news is according to an alleged Galaxy S4 release preparation document from Staples.

Select Staples stores sell wireless service from Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and a leaked document appears to fill in one of the most sought after Galaxy S4 release details.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S4: 5 Things to Know

The Staples Samsung Galaxy S4 release preparation details, found on Engadget, allegedly show tentative release dates for the device on three of the five launch partners. T-Mobile confirmed the May first Galaxy S4 release timing in March and AT&T is taking pre-orders on April 16th, something T-Mobile may also do.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 release date may arrive a month after AT&T and T-Mobile.

Rumored Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Dates:

• AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date – April 26th
  • T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date – May 1st
  • Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date – May 30th

The document makes clear that these dates are not set in stone, but an April 26th release on AT&T is possible given pre-orders start almost 2 weeks earlier. AT&T used similar timing for the HTC One pre-order and release.

The Verizon Galaxy S4 release date is allegedly coming a month after the device hits AT&T and T-Mobile. Verizon did not yet announce a pre-order or release for the Galaxy S4, which makes a late May launch plausible. Adding to the possibility of a late Verizon Galaxy S4 launch is the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 launched three weeks later on Verizon than on AT&T.

Alleged Staples document showing Samsung Galaxy S4 release dates and details.

Alleged Staples document showing Samsung Galaxy S4 release dates and details.

The document doesn’t detail a Sprint Galaxy S4 launch, which isn’t surprising. Staples doesn’t partner with Sprint in the mobile stores. The last nugget of information from this alleged Galaxy S4 release date tell all is that supply is expected to be limited at launch.

Even though these release dates are plausible, this document can not be verified. A former Staples employee tells Gotta Be Mobile that the wording of the document isn’t quite right based on previous Staples documents, so there’s a chance we could see a faster Verizon Galaxy S4 release.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Software Feature Showdown

The Samsung Galaxy S4 features a 5-inch 1080P HD display with a plastic design that keeps the overall size of the device similar to the Galaxy S3. Samsung uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor in the U.S. versions of the Galaxy S4 and pairs it with up to 64GB of storage. The Galaxy S4 features a removable back with access to a battery and a Micro SD card slot.

Samsung is counting on TouchWiz, sensors and smart features to outsell the HTC One, an all metal smartphone hitting the market days ahead of the Galaxy S4. Some of the Samsung Galaxy S4 features include motion control and eye-tracking as well as the ability to hover a finger over the display and preview an item. The Samsung Galaxy S4 also features Multi View, the ability to run two apps on the screen at one.

Comments

1. Mike says

Just was on website and chatted quickly when prompted. This is what they said.

mike: Release date for samsung galaxy s4 yet?
    Elsberth: The date has not been released yet .
    Elsberth: It will be this month .
    mike: This month? not May?
    Elsberth: This month.

• qdub says

Obviously you didnt read the article well. Insert below from article above:

“The document doesn’t detail a Sprint Galaxy S4 launch, which isn’t surprising. Staples doesn’t partner with Sprint in the mobile stores. The last nugget of information from this alleged Galaxy S4 release date tell all is that supply is expected to be limited at launch”

2. Jon says

If this Verizon launch date is accurate, they’re making me even more frustrated. Slow updates and release dates. Even if their coverage is good, the trade off is annoying :S The only redeemable thing they could do would be to work something out with Google to have the Nexus 5. That would make it happy!

3. Brave_Techie_Female says

Let me get this straight. T-Mobile has to wait more than 6 *YEARS* to get the iphone… and then… even a lame company like T-Mobile gets the S4 a full MONTH before Verizon? Wow. Verizon just gets worse and worse.

• soulfly says

Everyone had to wait for the iphone they were only in contract with at&t for the first 4 years

4. Ryan says

C’mon guys, you know the ALMIGHTY Verizon has to have time to load all their BS bloatware on their phones! You know, all those useless apps that nobody, EVER uses. I just wish there was another carrier that had 4G coverage like them in my area. I wouls drop them like a bad habit!!!

5. Kam says

Verizon is the largest carrier and they can’t seem to get up to speed when it comes to the competition. That is really disappointing. I hope there is a good reason for the delay because it makes them seem to be slow. They always seem to move fast when it comes to their Droid phones

6. Riley says

Personally, I am very excited about T-Mobile getting the S4 mostly because it’ll be offered at a lower price than other carriers, as well as the fact that it’ll run on the new LTE network in my area. The new network paired with the full HD display on the S4 should make for a phone that is perfect for streaming. I like to stay up to date with my favorite shows by watching them on my phone during the trip to and from work at DISH, since it takes some time to arrive. I like to use the DISH Anywhere app to stream my live and recorded shows everywhere I go and LTE will only help!

• ArgoMC says

So which Tmobile store do you work for? What a joke. I’ve had T for 6 years, it’s gotten progressively worse. So bad that now I can’t get a signal at my house or my office. Around town I get 2 maybe 3 bars most of the time. The fastest I’ve seen on 4G with full bars is 4Mbps. I’m more than happy to pay about $8/mo more and switch to a real network.

• Christine says

I pre ordered directly through AT&T’s site. I received confirmation and tracking that my phone will arrive tomorrow (Thursday, Apr. 25). Can’t wait!!!

7. MikeC says

I pre-ordered through Costco on AT&T, this was their response:

“We will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 for AT&T at some point this week. We will be processing orders for this device in the order that we have received them. Your order should ship out for you sometime at the beginning of next week and once it ships out you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information that will allow to track the progress of your shipment.”

So much for getting it early.