Verizon HTC One Buyers Receive Some Good News

The elusive Verizon HTC One, which is official but is without any official details, has once again been pegged to have Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on board rather than the Android 4.1 operating systems that the variants on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile are running right now.

In June, HTC and Verizon confirmed the HTC One for arrival sometime this summer, though the two companies did not announce a specific date nor did they reveal any of the other specifics including its price or features. And while we now have some credible information in regards to its features and release date, it still remains a mystery to buyers.

Read: Why You Should Wait for the Verizon HTC One.

The Verizon HTC One is all but certain to arrive with Android 4.2.

The Verizon HTC One is all but certain to arrive with Android 4.2.

Rumors, and vague hints from HTC, point to the Verizon HTC One sporting the same features as the other HTC One variants which would mean a 4.7-inch 1080p display, quad-core processor, metal design, Ultrapixel camera, front-facing camera and the new Sense 5 with HTC Zoe and HTC’s social home screen. HTC BlinkFeed.

Rumors have also suggested that it will have Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on board and it appears that those plans have not changed, despite the fact that we haven’t seen Android 4.2 arrive in the U.S. Noted HTC leakster @LLabTooFer claims that the Verizon HTC One will indeed be running Android 4.2.2 when it arrives sometime later this summer.

This information is vital as it means that users won’t have to wait for Android 4.2 Jelly Bean to arrive like AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile owners have. It also means that the device will be primed and ready for an update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, software that is going to be arriving on July 24th at Google’s Android event in San Francisco.

What’s more is that many other Android devices, including the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2, are still without Android 4.2 and may have to wait until Samsung releases Android 4.3, something that could take months.

Unfortunately, a specific release date for the HTC One is still unconfirmed though recent developments point to it as getting closer. A leaked document indicated that Verizon is, or at least was, planning to release the HTC One on August 1st. That comes a day after the end of a Google Play promotion and falls right into the heart of summer.

We’ve also seen it pass through the FCC, one of the final hurdles for any device. With Verizon hosting a press event on July 23rd for its new Droid devices, it could be that we see the carrier slip something in about the Verizon HTC One.

Comments

1. Hand says

Who didn’t already know this? Dude put down the keyboard and go outside our something.

Or do something productive and try to uncover if this is the same exact device that is already out or if there will be any changes like the addition of a micro sd card slot…While it is a long shot that is what people want to know.

• pj says

Ha!! I go straight to the comments too. Yawn….. I think I’ve read the same article 27 times now. And I have no one to blame but myself. F@#king get the hTc One. I’m such a slave to big red.

2. M.Jones says

Seriously? How do you keep posting the same non-information over and over again? And it is always “it is rumored” without any sources to back anything up. Stop posting this garbage. Google should be ashamed to have your site keep popping up.

• IOU812 says

He’s full of sh.t. Too the VZW site shows nothing and they say none no HTC ONE only a new iPhone soon but screw that!!!!

3. Scott Conder says

Wow, those are some harsh comments. Do you guys troll articles looking for writers to attack? If you don’t like the writer, why read the article? Jeez!

4. Seth B says

I bet the other carriers push 4.2.2 to their HTC One customers before Verizon releases it. Then all this wait will literally have been for VZW to figure out where to put their label and how to stuff Madden 2014 into it…

5. Seth B says

I can kind of relate to them. I want an HTC One and unfortunately am a (frustrated) VZW customer. So when I see articles such as this pop up, I have a glimmer of hope, only for it to be semi-sated by information that in no way relates to what I want to know (release date, price, specs, etc.). I however understand that everyone’s gotta make a living. The plus side is every one of these “harsh comments” is another page-view that contributes to the relevance of the site.

Anyone ever looked at Sidhtech or Autoomobile? Now those are completely worthless. I’m pretty sure all they do is change the title and contributor on their posts.

• pj says

I, too, thought (again) that maybe the headline of this article meant an actual release date had been announced. Nope. Stop teasing, Adam. I know its “just a phone”, but DAMN…..

6. Connor says

Scott I’m sure you could care less about the htc one so don’t comment on random articles please

7. Leo says

every day I check for verizon htc one news, every day I see another of this guys bullshit speculative half-assed efforts at writing .

8. jay says

Verizon insider said it wont be august. Verizon always will start promotions a month in advance to allow preorder momentum. He said most likely sept. Not happy. Verizon blew it.

• pj says

Actually Verizon DOESN’T always allow a month for promotions. That said, YES, Verizon blew it. If it doesn’t release August 1st, I will lose all hope in Verizon. There is only so long they can continue the business model of not giving a shit about what their customers want. Everyone else is catching up with their networks. Of course since I get discounts through work for Verizon, I’ll continue being being a slave.

• IOU812 says

He does he’s from frisco area!! His bf left him cause his stupid VZW articles!! And not him haaaaa!!