Verizon HTC One Release Reportedly Pushed Back, Again

While all signs have pointed to an imminent Verizon HTC One release date, possibly on August 15th, a wrench has been thrown into those plans today as a new report claims that the Verizon HTC One release has been pushed back, again, this time to August 29th.

Earlier this year, HTC and Verizon announced the HTC One but declined to give it a specific release date. The companies have said that the device will be out this summer, leaving them with a release window that lasts until late September. In the weeks since, we’ve seen several dates pop up, but thus far the device remains without an official date.

Read: Blue HTC One Appears, Possibly for Verizon.

The HTC One Verizon launch is still up in the air, two months later.

The HTC One Verizon launch is still up in the air, two months later.

First, it was August 1st. A day before that, a leaked document emerged indicating that Verizon had pushed back the HTC One release until August 15th for unknown reasons. Verizon’s new Droid Ultra, Droid MAXX and Droid Mini as well as the new Moto X are suspected to have played a role.

Earlier this month, we reported that both the Droid DNA and Droid Incredible 4G LTE vanished from shelves, a sign that a new HTC device could be incoming to Verizon, most likely, the Verizon HTC One. However now, it appears that Verizon HTC One buyers may have to wait even longer than August 15th as PhoneArena claims that the release date has been pushed again.

The HTC One Max is rumored for September with a 6-inch display.

The HTC One for Verizon was first announced in June.

Instead of August 15th, August 29th is now being mentioned as a possible release date for the Verizon HTC One. This would fall after the launches of the new Droid devices and the Moto X, the latter of which is supposed to arrive on August 23rd. There is no physical evidence to support this claim, just a tip from a “source” so it’s possible that it’s off base.

However given how strange this launch has been, an August 29th release remains entirely possible.

Verizon’s HTC One is expected to come with the same perks as the other HTC One devices though it is thought to be coming in blue, something that AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile have yet to offer since they launched their HTC One models all the way back in April.

Comments

1. Seth B says

Too late… Already set my sights on the Moto X. i know it won’t be, but I hope the VZW HTC One is an utter failure for them. I also hope that all the carriers that currently offer the One get 4.2.2 pushed out before VZW releases it. That is the only thing that could make this launch more fail than it already is.

• pj says

I’d take an hTc One over 2 Moto X’s. Because although late, its still twice the phone as the X. Verizon blows. I won’t believe any leaks, and won’t count on the One til September 21 at midnight.

• Larry says

I agree the htc one will be better but forget it the new htc one version may be near wen VZW gets the htc one…VZW lags on device release!! But who knows they are fetished for droid phones like Motorolas

• Dan C says

You are doing exactly what verizon wants you to do – buy a Droid instead of the HTC One – they purchased the rights from Lucas Ltd. for the “Droid” trademark and need to make that money back – so they are holding the HTC One release until they after they release their “Droids” so people will buy those. Hold out longer and get the best phone on the market

2. pmiddy says

I feel bad for HTC. Verizon has completely hosed them on this launch. I’ve been waiting for the One on VZW since June – I’ve been an HTC-only buyer for the last 4 years. But with the Moto X and the new DROIDs, I’m reconsidering my stance.

I mean, buy a brand new phone with some slick voice nav and screen tech or buy a 6 month old phone that VZW doesn’t seem to care about before it even comes out? No thanks. I got burned waiting for updates to my Incredible LTE (which is impossible to find replacement parts for).

Unless the One comes out with something better than “it’s blue!” I have zero incentive to buy it. And with all this waiting and waiting, I’ll probably just buy whatever phone I DO get off contract. I would have jumped to AT&T for the One months ago but my contract with VZW isn’t up till Oct. To heck with that.

• ugxvibe says

I am completely with you dude.. You’re story is almost identical to mine except: My contract is up and I have a Rezound now. Looks like AT&T is the way to go if you really want this phone. That’s where I’m heading. I’m staying away from the Droids. One of the bigger selling points for the One for me are the frt facing speakers and that unbelievable display clarity.

• pj says

Definitely. Their margin is higher on Droids. If they wait til the end of August to release the One, when unknowing consumers walk into a Verizon store, they’ll have the new Droids there to push instead. Verizon has become the Walmart of carriers: making the most money possible off mediocre products. Average customers don’t know any better.

3. SeannotsohappyVerizonCustomer says

Could Verizon have got it any more screwed up? I’m betting that this phone will release in late September. I’m sure some marketing genius up in VZW HQ is taking home a fat bonus for this brilliant decision.

4. Charles Suitt says

VZW is so pitiful, it’s funny. It’s only weeks ’til my contract expires…. competitors looking interesting.

5. VZW you lost another customer says

As others have indicated, this is again a huge disappointment by a company so large they feel that they don’t need to be concerned about disappointing their customers. I’m certain that the way this whole roll-out (or lack thereof) has been orchestrated is driven by profit only, I can only hope that this move further alienates enough customers (like me) to hit them in the pocketbook. The message to me as a consumer in this whole thing is “Tough sh*t little man”. Adios VZW, may you implode because of your greed.

6. Gucci says

If you little pathetic people really wanted an HTC One and were really a HTC fan – you would just buy in from another carrier. Screw Verizon.

• pmiddy says

Except that a number of us are currently under contract with Verizon and the other carriers’ phones won’t work on Verizon’s network. AND I looked into it – it would cost me $150 in early termination fees if I left VZW before my contract expired. So please, STFU and GTFO.

7. steven says

I got my HTC ONE thru T-Mobile and I love it. I’m constantly running on 4gLTE all the time. Ofcourse T-Mobile has amazing 4g lte coverage here in Houston tx. Who cares about Verizon just get it on another carrier. It’s a bad ass phone.

• Larry says

Same here I’m t mobile htc one and Sony experia z and ya 4g everywhere I’m at in so California screw VZW!! And no contracts at t mobile

• pmiddy says

Thanks for sharing (seriously) but I get the feeling that they, just like BestBuy employees, just like rank and file Apple employees, get all their info from the web too. Until the box is in the back of the store, they don’t know much more than we do.

8. Smith says

Ah Good ole Verizon. I have such a love hate relationship with you. Love your coverage and hate everything else about you. I will continue to wait for the HTC ONE. And I will be waiting a while. My guess is it will $249.00 and I won’t pay that. So it may be Christmas when they drop the price that I will finally get the phone I want. Ordered a new battery for my current phone so I will just continue to wait and wait…

9. Sam says

You know some of you idiots act like Verizon is some horrible company. You dont know their reasons for delaying the One release. I have the Rezound also and for the most part it has been great.Id still take the One any day,over i Phone,iover Motorola,and yes,over T Mobile and A T@T. Thanks for transferring to other carriers,just means Ill be able to get the One no problem. Dont let the door hit you on the way out. Cheaper,is NOT always better,thank you!!

• pmiddy says

The issue is they made a big announcement a couple months ago that “it’s coming!” and everyone got excited – it’s a GREAT phone and VZW is the only carrier that doesn’t have it. Then they went radio silent. Documents were leaked saying “it’s coming!” and then more were leaked saying “well, not yet.” And all through this, VZW is silent.

However VZW IS saying “New DROIDS!!!” and they’re giving a firm date for those phones. And Motorola is also saying “New Moto X” but VZW is still silent on the One – a phone that they said WAS coming and that people are CLEARLY anticipating. And in this world of tech half life, each month that the phone is delayed, it makes it less and less compelling. The One was a godsend six months ago. Now it’s the standard. In two months, it will be getting old. And yet VZW has announced and trumpted firm release dates for phones that they announced afterwards with no word.

Given VZW’s spotty record on dumping support for a phone right after it comes out and it’s hard not to take that as an ‘eff you’ by Verizon to people that want to give them money.

10. steven says

Verizon sucks. Like I said I have the HTC ONE with T-Mobile and the service is awesome always running on 4g Ltd. I used to have Verizon but went to T-Mobile amazing service

11. Will says

That’s it. I’ve waited long enough for the HTC One on Verizon. Verizon has bungled this long enough. Hitting the submit order button now for my new AT&T HTC One.

12. Jill is here once more says

What really needs to happen is for phone hardware companies to disconnect sales from service provider control. HTC should release Verizon or any other provider “certified” phones when they want. And we should be able to receive OS updates when we want. Just like Microsoft beta products, the provider doesn’t have to answer for any bugs they haven’t certified, but use that does not harm their network should be totally our option as customers.

• pmiddy says

While this is a great idea, understand that the large majority of the population doesn’t really know who makes their phones unless it’s an iPhone. They just know they are “with Verizon” or “have AT&T,” so those companies are going to get the support calls when someone’s phone doesn’t work. THAT’s why they want to certify any software updates before they roll out.

But it’s a great idea (if the public could be educated).