Errors Start Ahead of iOS 7 Release

Apple is likely just minutes away from the iOS 7 release but already, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners have run into an issue already as the App Store is spitting out a Can’t Connect to iTunes error ahead of the iOS 7 upgrade.

Update: iOS 7 Software Update Failed Errors Frustrate Users

With the iOS 7 release at hand, users are working to make sure their devices are primed and ready for the upgrade from iOS 6. One of the things we have recommended that iPhone and iPad users do is update their applications to the newest version to ensure functionality after upgrading to iOS 7. Problem is, those trying to update those applications have been coming across a “Can’t Connect to iTunes” error, even with a stable connection.

Read: 7 iOS 7 Release Date Tips.

The iOS 7 GM download lets anyone with a supported device install IOS 7 early.

Make a back up before installing iOS 7.

We ran into the same issue on both the iPhone and the iPad this morning, both of which were running on a stable Wi-Fi network. When trying to update applications, the App Store spit out a “Can’t Connect to iTunes” error, forcing us to hit OK and try again. And so, we tried again, several times and finally, we got the applications to update.

This could be a sign that Apple’s servers are getting hammered by iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners who are downloading and installing software ahead of the iOS 7 release date. In the past, we’ve seen Apple’s servers produce errors for those upgrading and it’s possible that we could see even more issues sprout up once the software arrives.

Users checking for the iTunes 11.1 update won't find one and the manual download isn't working for some.

Users checking for the iTunes 11.1 update won’t find one and the manual download isn’t working for some.

Adding to the problem is the fact that many users aren’t seeing the iTunes 11.1 update in iTunes, even though it is available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners to download. Again, this is an update that users will need to download before installing iOS 7 via computer. Those who are trying to download it manually on the web or in the Mac App Store simply cannot get the download to start, something is likely due to the sheer amount of users trying to obtain it.

The iOS 6 upgrade process was a smooth one but already, we’re seeing the iOS 7 upgrade process off to a bit of a rocky start with users encountering several minor but pesky errors.

Comments

1. Taylor says

Tried downloading it as soon as it came out on my phone now I keep getting errors saying I can’t download it I’m so angry I’ve been waiting for iOS 7 all day!

2. Danielle Sleeper says

itunes keeps saying that my current version is the most up to date and when trying to search for software update on iphone 4s it says unable to check for update ??

3. Jason says

The update is avaliable but when i go to download it says “An error occurred downloading IOS 7″.

4. aryan says

It was downloading but then it gave same error as other, itunes 11.1 says 6.1.3 is latest and my phone is up to date, Y U DO DISSSSSSS D:

5. UpsetAppleUser says

I understand that loads of people are downloading it but its really annoying since I’m updating it from my phone but I keep getting an error

6. WrkForALivin says

Dont ask questions they will give you a “shut your mouth answer” they will tell you anything to shut your mouth!!

7. izaakbuttigieg00zaa says

don’t give up guys. look at this comment. keep trying because I was getting to this problem. not it is download and it already restarted. hope it will happen aswell to you all.

8. Tyler says

I keep getting the ‘IOS 7.0 Your software is up to date.’ bs when i know i am running the GM… which is the final beta… yet i cant update to the public release -.-

9. Cory says

Took about 15 tries…download complete….now “Preparing Updates”….. back with more news later.

10. Yassin Nawar says

for the ones whose their apple devices says can’t download ios 7 , just start downloading it then lock the phone don’t keep it open ! lock it and leave it ! if u want to check for how much minutes left just unlock it , take a look, and lock it again then when it comes to preparing update keep the phone on ! and when u finish downloading it might tell u that it can’t update ! just keep pressing the install button every time it fails ! i did that and its installing ios 7 now ! GOOD LUCK everyone

11. TM says

The servers are just overloaded…after several errors it came down and is now loading on my iPad 3.

12. John Manthorpe says

Well done Apple. Marvellous disaster giving on screen prompts to jump upgrade to iOS7 then unable to deliver. This means customer phones ARE NOT OPERATIONAL.

As widely recognised, Apple is putting worms in itself. After championing the brand for over 20 years, I’m thinking Apple is too complicated and expensive.

13. Mandy Newton says

I have downloaded but get an error when verifying just before installing! I guess I will just have to be patient!

14. Ana says

I can’t connect to the AT&T network after I updated to iOS 7. I have iPhone 5. Is anyone else facing the same problem? I am getting frustrated..

15. Dutch says

I was finally able to download the update but now a passcode screen comes up and will not accept my former passcode. Any idea of how to get around this?

16. will says

so i followed itunes and try to upgrade, but it failed now my phone is stuck on connect to itunes DFU mode? but itunes is saying i need to restore to factory settings?? what kind of company that provides a major OS upgrade but dont automatically back up the users data?

i really dont want to lose my pics, thats my main concern, anyone have any tipes?

17. Grant mcqueen says

Downloaded ios7 quite easy but can’t access iTunes on my phone
    Tried resetting it several times but still get the screen saying loading
    C’mon apple get this sorted QUICK !!!!!