Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Hits U.S.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update has reached the United States, just a day after the update started rolling out internationally. The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update, which was rumored to be hitting AT&T and Sprint today, has landed for the Sprint Galaxy Note 2, making it the first Galaxy Note 2 in the United States to receive Galaxy Gear support and Samsung KNOX.

Several weeks ago, a roll out schedule emerged, claiming that the Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update roll out would hit the United States starting November 20th. The schedule claimed that the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 and Sprint Galaxy Note 2 would get the update that day and sure enough, the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean roll out has begun.

December could bring the Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update release in some regions, with Galaxy Note 3 features.

Sprint announced the roll out on its Galaxy Note 2 support page, detailing some of the features that Galaxy Note 2 owners can expect when the software hits their device. Sprint notes HD voice compatibility, Galaxy Gear support and Samsung KNOX as features coming along with the Android 4.3 update but we imagine that there will be other enhancements and fixes on board as well.

The carrier, as expected, is offering the update through an Over-the-Air update and it comes right out of the gate saying that it the roll out process could take some time. A customer service representative claimed that the Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 update, which still hasn’t rolled out, would take several weeks to roll out and it could apply to this update as well.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Video -  020

This kicks off the Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 roll out in the United States and if the schedule is correct, we should see the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update roll out today. The T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update is thought to be rolling out on December 2nd while the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 may not get its update until November 29th, or, Black Friday.

Those dates are certainly not set in stone but the fact that Sprint pushed its update out today is a good sign. Owners will want to keep the issues surrounding the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates in mind before installing the update when it arrives. While there is no guarantee that it will have bugs on board, wise Sprint Galaxy Note 2 owners will want to hold off until the coast is determined to be clear.

Comments

1. fabian says

Doing the google frame work thing to force the update and no luck .I think it will be here new years eve lol.
    flashusaphones.com

2. jose says

I have an att phone but unlocked for tmobile. And it says that my software is uptodate. How can i updated?

3. Joe says

I tweeted Sprint Care asking when I could find it via KIES. They just responded back: “It looks like the update was delayed due to some bugs. The manufacture is working to fix and resend. *PJL” I’m not so sure if this is true because there are reports of the update working fine on their devices.

4. Joe says

I asked PJL to confirm that it has been delayed. He quickly responded back: “There was a number of users experiencing issues, not everyone however. It seems like the pushes for the update have slowed. *PJL” So I just asked back, “Okay, so they’ve slowed but not have stopped, correct?” We’ll see what they say.

5. Dominic says

im in new york and I have an international note 2. When I try to update via kies it reads “Your device does not support software upgrading via KIES.”

6. Kyle says

No update here in Michigan but nothing i didnt expect. Samsung and the US carriers suck and not to just blame samsung but it is mostly there fault this phone has been out to long to just begin getting updated. Gonna start looking for a new phone company.

7. babubhai says

Looks like the news is false. If more than half of the country is saying No they haven’t received updates. It sounds like the news is hoax. The guy from Ohio never replied. He claims that he did receive an update.

This sucks!!!

• AB Camacho says

You said it man….. they bought me the galaxy gear for my Birthday last week!!! hahah i have been waiting for this update ever since!!!!! Sprint user in LA and no update yet… wait…..nope… nothing yet.

8. smoke says

If they don’t update there devises soon there gonna have a lot of pissed off customers who bought the gear and can’t use it I know if I don’t get the update I’m buy-in an HTC one maxx

9. neefee says

And it is midnight here not 10pm. It is now 11/21/13 11/20 rumor date for at&t note 2 was just that

10. nsseer says

Any idea when the middle east (saudi arabia) people are going to get the 4.3 update on note 2 please reply eagerly waiting ….

11. Joe says

Still nothing where Im at currently in SE Missouri. Nothing in NYC/Boston region, & LA region. Anyone thats not in Ohio get the update yet?

12. Joe says

LOL. Samsung chat reps have no info about sprints release. only sprint techs. maybe try tweeting @sprintcare & ask them.

• daniel says

That’s suck sprint its take down the update hopefully we get it before Christmas or new year’s at least

13. Canyou Wait says

There is no android 4.3 update for Sprint Samsung galaxy note 2. Sprint and Samsung galaxy conspireed together to increase the sales of product sassociated with android 4.3 ” galaxy gear”. I suggest you hold on to your galaxy gear until June 2014. Another option is to return galaxy gear and purchase a Apple iPhone. Sell android phone and purchase a regular watch. Do you think there’s any truth to this????

14. Carl Jerome Core says

I just got off the phone with Sprint & Samsung tech support. They are both telling me the note 2 is getting the update but they are rolling it out in bundles so be patient

15. Joe says

I got the update maybe 2 hours ago. It’s very stable. Missing a few things that were suppose to be on board with multi window, some small minor differences than what samsung showed. the on/off tabs dont show I/O. Overall, its nice. the status bar is like kitkat :D

16. Rich says

YESS!! I KNOW I AM KINDA LATE BUT I AM JUST NOW RECEIVING MY SAMSUNG GALAXY NOT 2 UPDATE ON DEC 4 AT 6:24AM……..I KNOW HALF OF YOU GUYS WENT TO THE LINK AND DOWNLOADED IT BUT I DECIDED TO WAIT IT OUT AND NOW ITS FINALLY HERE!! I AM HERE IN PENNSYLVANIA BY THE WAY, I DIDNT HAVE TO KEEP PRESSING THE SOFTWARE UPDATE EITHER. IT CAME AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I WAS SLEEP LIKE I THOUGHT SO YESSSSSS!!!!!

17. LF says

@Rich: How’s the OTA working for you? I’m hearing that the OTA screws up the phones, while Kies and xda runs fine.

• Rich says

Hey LF, yes you are correct!! I actually really do not like the OTA update because of the problems that its making my phone have. My phone keeps freezing, battery life seems like its not as long as it was before, and It keeps telling me that my google plus has to force stop everytime i turn on my phone. Put in mind that I did not have these minor problems before I installed the update and since I cant uninstall the update Im stuck with it. There are SOME good things about the update as well, so if you canget past the minor problems then I guess Its alright!! Update to me is 7 out of 10 stars!!