iOS 7 Jailbreak Apps List Grows as Official iOS 7 Cydia Arrives

The list of iOS 7 jailbreak apps and tweaks grows as the official iOS 7 Cydia app arrives with a new look and feel for users who took the plunge to jailbreak the iPhone and iPad running iOS 7.

While the list of iOS 7 jailbreak apps is still relatively small, especially for users with a device running a new Apple A7 processor. There is still much work to be one to deliver the iOS 7 Cydia apps and tweaks, but early reports indicate many developers are working on iOS 7 jailbreak app updates.

iOS-7-Jailbreak

A new iOS 7 Cydia app store is available as the number of iOS 7 jailbreak apps and tweaks expands.

We already shared a guide to the iOS 7 jailbreak which walks users through the process. This first version of the iOS 7 jailbreak is a bit buggy, and we outline 5 reasons not to use the iOS 7 jailbreak, as well as 5 reasons to jailbreak iOS 7 which are important to read before taking the plunge.

The video below shows the new iOS 7 Cydia App Store complete with a new look that matches iOS 7 and a collection of handy features like the ability to swipe to go back, which give Cydia an iOS 7 feel. This is the official iOS 7 Cydia version as revealed in this tweet from Jay Freeman, the man who runs the Cydia app store.

This is a nice new look for the iOS 7 Cydia app store, and hopefully is a sign of things to come for iOS 7 jailbreak apps. The iOS 7 jailbreak release delivered a lot of drama that prompted some jailbreak developers to quit, but it appears many are still working on iOS 7 jailbreak app updates.

iOS 7 Jailbreak Apps & Tweaks List

The community is testing various iOS 7 jailbreak apps and tweaks and compiling a Google Doc with the current iOS 7 compatible apps available in Cydia. This listing includes information about which apps work on iOS 7, which jailbreak apps don’t work on A7 powered devices and other important notes.

The list appears to originate on Reddit, in a thread that also includes information about promised iOS 7 jailbreak app updates and tips for getting some of these apps to work. The list is embedded below, but it may fial to load, alternately try this direct link.

For the time being many users with an iPhone 5s, iPad Air or iPad mini Retina will need to wait for an update to Mobile Substrate to support the new 64-bit processors before a large number of iOS 7 jailbreak apps and tweaks that run on the newest Apple devices arrives.

Comments

• Michael says

This is all great news, but what about Winterboard?? I still cannot even remove icon labels.

• Michael says

This is all great news, but what about Winterboard?? Still doesn’t work. Other tweaks download as normal but ipad does not respond to them. (1stGen-iPad Mini/7.0.4)

1. Michael says

I have an older ipad mini with an A5 chip (came with 6.1.4, now upgraded to ios 7.0.4) but, I STILL cannot use many, many BASIC tweaks in Cydia as well as NO winter board. But, all I’m reading is how they’re working on fixing this for peeps with the NEW ipad mini with an A7 chip. Are they working to fix these same issues for my older mini as well? Thanks.

2. DeAnte says

Can anyone help me? I have an iPod Touch 5th Generation and all the updated tweaks work fine, Iconoclasm, Five Icon Dock, Color Keyboard, Fake Carrier, Mini Player, etc. but once I try to download ACTIVATOR it’ll download but during the progress of it downloading in Cydia, it says two things while downloading in red print no matter what Repo I have in my sources. The text is as follows:
    ” Trying to overwrite ‘/Library/Flipswitch/FlipswitchSpringBoard.dylib.’ which is also in package com.myrepo.ipwndapple.flipswitch ”
    ” Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) ”
    Once this happens it says Restart Springboard so I do and it turns on with all my tweaks active and working and before I even get to swipe to unlock it resprings again and once it starts up most of the tweaks are gone and my background is gray. Activator is there and when I click on it it says “Activator Disabled – ‘Most features of Activator are currently disabled because Mobile Substrate is not functioning. If your device is in Safe Mode, you will see “Exit Safe Mode” at the top of your screen, and you can tap ‘Restart’ to return to normal mode.'” Then with the options Cancel and Restart. When I hit cancel nothing happens I cannot use activator, everything is blank and all my tweaks are gone, when I hit Restart it resprings and nothing different happens when I open up Activator. It gives me the same option. If I click restart sometimes it takes me into an infinite loop. PLEASE HELP!!! Sorry for the EXTREME details.

3. Scott says

Themes seem to be working using winterboard for iphone 5 and SNOVERLAY works aswell for that xmas feel

4. William says

None of these are working on the 5s as they are not 64bit compatible yet…..I have JB my device but i am waiting before i install anything…..