Amazon’s new Cloud Player and Drive service for storing and streaming music is a great way to back up your music and stream it to almost any computer. There is an Android application for playing music on those devices. But for now iOS devices are not supported. But there is a way to play one song at a time. We show you how.
From your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch go to your Cloud Drive and sign if if you haven’t yet.
How to Play Amazon Cloud Player Files on the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- Select your music folder and then choose the playlist
- On the left sidebar you will see the music folder. Open it by tapping the link.
- A list of all of your music will be revealed.Select the group you want to hear.
- The albums will show up below the name.Select the album and all of its songs will be listed in the main window.
- Select a song and tap the Download button at the top of the list.
- The song will be downloaded and start playing in Safari after a short wait.
This the only way we know of to play songs on an iOS device until either Amazon or someone else creates an app for iOS. We expect that to happen, but don’t be surprised if Apple rejects it on the grounds that it mimics built-in functionality or some other bogus reason. It won’t be true if they do, but don’t be surprised.