Apple iPhone 6 and Watch Puts Companies On Notice

Choose your new iPhone and get ready for the iPhone 6 pre-orders to start.

Apple finally took the wraps off their much-anticipated Apple iPhone 6, now with the larger 4.7 and 5.5 inch screens. They also revealed the new Apple Watch. In doing so they’ve put a bunch of companies on notice that the most valuable company in the world is now competing directly with them. Apple has a long […]

Amazon Kindle Fire Is a Hit: 3-4 Million Units Shipped

Kindle Fire

I love my new Kindle Fire and it seems I’m not alone with between 3 and 4 million Kindle Fires shipped already, according to Digitimes sources. The new Android based tablet from Amazon is expected to ship as many as 5 million Kindle Fire tablets through the holiday buying season and into January. The OEM […]

Apple by the Numbers at iPhone Announcement


Apple CEO Tim Cook took to the stage at the company’s Cupertino auditorium with hundreds of press on hand to regale them with the expected facts and sales figures. Starting with their new stores, Cook told us that they saw over 100,000 visitors at their new Hong Kong store during its opening weekend. This store […]

iOS by the Numbers from WWDC 2011

iOS share of all mobile installations

WWDC 2011 included lots of numbers, including those for Macs with OS X and for iOS devices. We learned that Apple is claiming to have 44% of all mobile devices. This includes iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. Other mobile operating systems account for the other 56% with Android taking second place with 28%, RIM’s BlackBerry […]