The Toshiba Thrive Ice Cream Sandwich update is now available, way ahead of its expected release date.
Owners of the Toshiba Thrive tablet are now able to pull the Ice Cream Sandwich update, this according Toshiba itself who has provided detailed instructions to Thrive owners on how to pull ICS to their device.
The company also encourages Thrive owners to install the ICS update as it brings a number of enhancements to the table. And while we don’t have a full changelog, we expect that it probably brings some bug fixes to the table as well.
Toshiba lists the enhancements of the update as being:
- Improved video and audio performance
- Improved camera functions
- Improved signal strength and connectivity
Those should go a long way in making the 10-inch Toshiba Thrive an even better device than it already is. In addition to those enhancements, Thrive owners are going to benefit from all of the new features that come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich itself.
They include Face Unlock, the new user interface, a better Browser, and a better Gmail application just to name a few new features that come with Google’s mobile software.
Owners who wish to get these features have two ways of checking for the update:
- Tap on the update message sent by the Toshiba Service Station application to your device, or:
- From the Home screen, tap on the “Apps” icon in the upper right corner. Locate the “Service Station” icon and application. Tap “Check for Updates” and follow the steps.
Toshiba had originally said that the update would be out this fall but fortunately for Thrive owners, the company was able to deliver the update early, something that is a bit of a rarity in the world of Android updates.