According to texts being sent to device owners, Virgin Mobile fully expects the update to be rolling out starting April 11th. The message states:
The Froyo Update for the Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept is finally coming out on Monday the 11th! VMFreeMsg: Starting 4/11/11, you will be notified of a phone software upgrade available for your Intercept. Click http://msg4u.us/isr for more information.
So, that means that on April 11th, Samsung Intercept owners will not only be getting Android 2.2 Froyo but also:
- Exchange Active Sync updates
- ability to install applications to external memory card
- improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice dialing
- improved operating system performance
- dedicated phone, application and browser icons on every home screen
If you own an Intercept, go ahead and circle next Monday on your calendars in pencil.
(via Android Central)