Earlier today, Google started rolling out the Android 4.0 update for the GSM version of the Nexus S. The update is currently rolling out OTA, over-the-air, and that means that some of you with a Nexus S probably have yet to see the update. Well, if you’re the impatient type, there is a way to get your Nexus S upgraded to Android 4.0.3 at this very moment if you so choose.
The process is simple but it only applies to the GSM/T-Mobile version of the Nexus S.
If you don’t own that version of the Nexus S, then you do not want to follow these instructions. If you do own a T-Mobile GSM Nexus S, let’s take a look, courtesy of Android Central, at how to get your phone upgraded right now.
Here is how to do it:
1. Download this file.
2. Rename it update.zip.
3. Copy it over to the internal storage space on your Nexus S.
4. Power your device off and then hold power and volume up to boot into the device’s bootloader.
5. Select Recovery using the volume keys and then confirm.
6. You’ll soon see a warning triangle and an arrow. Hold the power button and hit volume up.
7. A menu will pop up where you’ll want to select Apply update from /sdcard. Select update.zip.
8. It will install and you’ll want to select reboot system now.
9. Boom. Android 4.0.3 should be on your Nexus S.
Painless, as all Android updates should be.
Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Release Date, Details + Is it Safe for Kids
The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite release date is this Friday, bringing you a Harry Potter game that offers a similar style...
50+ Exciting Things You Can Do With the Apple Watch
The Apple Watch is a smartwatch that connects to your iPhone to deliver notifications, make calls, send texts and run...