Clicky

ArtRage for iPad Demo at CES 2011

By  |  11 Comments

ArtRage is showing off its painting applications at CES. While the best I can manage to draw on an iPad is something that resembles a first grader’s finger painting, some artists can create some really good looking stuff.

Here’s a photo of ArtRage for iPad in action at CES 2011. As I watched the artist creat this portrait I was really impressed by the level of control he had with the paintbrush he was using as a stylus.

Xavier Lanier is the publisher of Gotta Be Mobile and a photographer. He uses too many devices to count, but his current favorites are the iPhone 5s, HTC One, Nikon D800 and Sony RX 100M II. You can follow him on Twitter and Google+.

11 Comments

1. Anonymous

01/07/2011 at 11:57 pm

“It’s like we said on the iPad, if you see a stylus, they blew it. ”
    (Steve Jobs)

Expect Apple will be disallowing ArtRage any moment, LOL.

Relax, just humor…

2. Anonymous

01/08/2011 at 3:30 am

Wow! This finger painting are so magic, I have to say iPad is so magic.
    More info about iPad:

3. Anonymous

01/08/2011 at 8:03 am

How does the paintbrush work? Is it some kind of modified stylus?

• Frank

01/08/2011 at 11:17 am

it’s not a real paintbrush. The tip seems to consist of bass hairs or some other conductive material, forming a brush, and the grip has to be conductive too.
      And in the end you still get a fat imprecise conductive pen, resulting in such awkward looking portraits shown in the post above.
      Better buy a tablet PC (like the ASUS EP121) with a proper pressure sensitive highly precise Wacom pen and useful software, not just apps.

• Frank

01/08/2011 at 11:18 am

I think I just found the above used paintbrush: ‘Nomad Brush’

4. Anonymous

01/08/2011 at 1:11 pm

I have a wacom, but it’d be nice to get something decent for the iPad (I know, with the capacitance screen, not likely).

5. savagemike

01/09/2011 at 10:13 am

And to do it they needed what……
    A stylus.

So, according to Steve Jobs – they failed.
    We’ll see if apple invents the stylus for ipad gen II.
    But honestly I think that will just be the cameras update suppressed from round one for the upsell ability on gen II.
    I think it will be gen III or so before apple invents the stylus.