The Apple Watch can help keep you healthy, deliver notifications, make calls, send texts, run simple apps, and even save your life. But the real Apple Watch magic happens when you install apps via your iPhone and figure out which Apple Watch features you will use the most.
In this guide, we’ll show you exactly what the Apple Watch can do in a variety of settings. Some of them may sound obvious to long-time Apple Watch users, but we promise there are some cool things listed below that you’ve never tried as the Apple Watch has improved and evolved a lot over the years.
Almost all recent Apple Watch models can do everything listed below, but some of the features are exclusive Cellular Apple Watch models. If you are using an Apple Watch that’s a few years old and want to be able to do everything listed in this guide, you may need to upgrade to the newest Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch 8, or Apple Watch Ultra.
Whether you are hoping to buy an Apple Watch, just got Apple Watch as a gift, or looking for more to do with the watch you already own, this is the definitive look at the cool things the Apple Watch can do.
The Apple Watch is more than a miniaturized iPhone on your wrist. When you understand what you can do with the Apple Watch it becomes an amazing tool to help you get through your day, be more productive, lose weight, get in shape, save money, and even make money.
Your Apple Watch can do more than anyone likely needs. But just about everyone should get to know the basic Apple Watch features that are at its core. However, a lot of people don’t make use of the Apple Watch’s best features.
What Can the Apple Watch Do?
With watchOS 7 you can get cycling directions, track your sleep, share watch faces and if you buy the Apple Watch 6 you can check your Blood Oxygen level. This is on top of new watch faces, a calculator app, an Apple Watch store, hearing health, cycle tracking, and more. The Apple Watch delivers faster access to many of your common activities.
If you want to do more with your Apple Watch, you may need to upgrade. You can check the latest Apple Watch deals at Amazon, B&H Photo, and at Best Buy. For users looking for a cellular model, you can find Apple Watch LTE deals at Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
This is not the only watch that connects to the iPhone, but it is definitely one that interests a lot of users and delivers the best connectivity to the iPhone. There are a ton of exciting and useful things you can do with the Apple Watch, even some you can do without your iPhone.
What the Apple Watch Can Do:
- Answer Calls
- Use as Your Car Key
- Use the Apple Watch as a Walkie Talkie
- Record a Voice Memo
- Track Your Cycle
- Monitor Safe Hearing Levels
- Use a Calculator
- Act as a Compass
- Always Show You The Display
- Listen to Podcasts on the Apple Watch
- Unlock Passwords and Notes on Your Mac
- Use the Apple Watch to Challenge Friends
- Use the Apple Watch as a Flashlight
- Use the Apple Watch in Water
- Track Your Runs
- Stay Quiet in a Movie Theater
- Change Your Watch Face
- See Info Quickly
- Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Track Your Fitness
- View and Reply to Text and iMessage
- Send Apple Watch Memoji
- Get iPhone Notifications On Your Wrist
- Share Your Heartbeat
- Pay with Apple Pay
- Use Apple Watch Apps
- Get Directions On Your Apple Watch
- Send Drawings from the Apple Watch
- Use Siri on the Apple Watch
- Look at Photos on Your Apple Watch
- Connect to Your Car
- Send Facebook Messages
- Listen to Music on Your Apple Watch
- Stream Apple Music
- Share Your Location
- Check Your Email
- Control Your Apple TV & Music
- Use it as a Camera Viewfinder
- Find a lost iPhone
- Store Tickets on Your Apple Watch
- Use it as a Nightstand Clock
- Set Your Apple Watch Up to 10 Minutes Fast
- Send an SOS
- Keep on Track to Close Your Activity Rings
- Keep You On Task as a Virtual Assistant
- Send Money to Friends with Apple Pay Cash
- Use it as a Stopwatch
- Show Store Loyalty Cards
- Control Your Smart Home
- Get Important Weather Alerts
- Use as a Translator
- Check Your Instagram Feed
- Track Your Sleep
- Always Have Your Passwords
- Track Skiing and Snowboarding with the Apple Watch
- Continuously Track Your Heart Rate Without Workouts
- Control Your HomePod Music
- Order a Pizza
- Open Your Garage Door
- Show Your Car Insurance
- Check the News
- Browse Etsy
- Make In-App Purchases on Your Apple Watch
- Check Your Blood Oxygen Levels
- Use without an iPhone as a Kid or Senior
This list of things you can do with the Apple Watch should be more than enough to get your money’s worth out of it.
Last update on 2022-11-30. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.