The Apple Watch connects to your iPhone to deliver notifications, make calls, send texts, run apps, and help keep you healthy. The Apple Watch can do a lot right out of the box and countless things once you install more iPhone and figure out which features are most important to you. Below are some of the most exciting things you can do with the Apple Watch.
With a fresh update for watchOS 7, the Apple Watch 6, and the Apple Watch SE you can easily get the most out of your Apple Watch. Most of these features work on all Apple Watch models, but a few work best, or only, on the newer models that can run watchOS 7. Apple currently sells the Apple Watch 6, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch 3.
Whether you are hoping to buy an Apple Watch, hoping to get the Apple Watch as a gift, or looking for more to do with the watch you already own, this is the definitive look at the cool things the Apple Watch can do.
The Apple Watch is more than a miniaturized iPhone on your wrist. When you understand what you can do with the Apple Watch it becomes an amazing tool to help you get through your day, be more productive, lose weight, get in shape, save money, and even make money.
Your Apple Watch can do more than anyone likely needs. But just about everyone should get to know the basic Apple Watch features that are at its core. However, a lot of people don’t make use of the Apple Watch’s best features.
What Can the Apple Watch Do?
With watchOS 7 you can get cycling directions, track your sleep, share watch faces and if you buy the Apple Watch 6 you can check your Blood Oxygen level. This is on top of new watch faces, a calculator app, an Apple Watch store, hearing health, cycle tracking, and more. The Apple Watch delivers faster access to many of your common activities.
If you want to do more with your Apple Watch, you may need to upgrade. You can check the latest Apple Watch deals at Amazon, B&H Photo, and at Best Buy. For users looking for a cellular model, you can find Apple Watch LTE deals at Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call, text, and get directions without your phone
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
- The Always-On Retina display is 2.5x brighter outdoors when your wrist is down
- S6 SiP is up to 20% faster than Series 5
This is not the only watch that connects to the iPhone, but it is definitely one that interests a lot of users and delivers the best connectivity to the iPhone. There are a ton of exciting and useful things you can do with the Apple Watch, even some you can do without your iPhone.
What the Apple Watch Can Do:
- Answer Calls
- Use as Your Car Key
- Use the Apple Watch as a Walkie Talkie
- Record a Voice Memo
- Track Your Cycle
- Monitor Safe Hearing Levels
- Use a Calculator
- Act as a Compass
- Always Show You The Display
- Listen to Podcasts on the Apple Watch
- Unlock Passwords and Notes on Your Mac
- Use the Apple Watch to Challenge Friends
- Use the Apple Watch as a Flashlight
- Use the Apple Watch in Water
- Track Your Runs
- Stay Quiet in a Movie Theater
- Change Your Watch Face
- See Info Quickly
- Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Track Your Fitness
- View and Reply to Text and iMessage
- Send Apple Watch Memoji
- Get iPhone Notifications On Your Wrist
- Share Your Heartbeat
- Pay with Apple Pay
- Use Apple Watch Apps
- Get Directions On Your Apple Watch
- Send Drawings from the Apple Watch
- Use Siri on the Apple Watch
- Look at Photos on Your Apple Watch
- Connect to Your Car
- Send Facebook Messages
- Listen to Music on Your Apple Watch
- Stream Apple Music
- Share Your Location
- Check Your Email
- Control Your Apple TV & Music
- Use it as a Camera Viewfinder
- Find a lost iPhone
- Store Tickets on Your Apple Watch
- Use it as a Nightstand Clock
- Set Your Apple Watch Up to 10 Minutes Fast
- Send an SOS
- Keep on Track to Close Your Activity Rings
- Keep You On Task as a Virtual Assistant
- Send Money to Friends with Apple Pay Cash
- Use it as a Stopwatch
- Show Store Loyalty Cards
- Control Your Smart Home
- Get Important Weather Alerts
- Use as a Translator
- Check Your Instagram Feed
- Track Your Sleep
- Always Have Your Passwords
- Track Skiing and Snowboarding with the Apple Watch
- Continuously Track Your Heart Rate Without Workouts
- Control Your HomePod Music
- Order a Pizza
- Open Your Garage Door
- Show Your Car Insurance
- Check the News
- Browse Etsy
- Make In-App Purchases on Your Apple Watch
- Check Your Blood Oxygen Levels
- Use without an iPhone as a Kid or Senior
This list of things you can do with the Apple Watch should be more than enough to get your money’s worth out of it.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.