Windows Phone 7 Launching May 26th on Verizon
Yes folks, Verizon will finally be getting Microsoft’s software, months after its three biggest competitors, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile launched it. And guess what, the first piece of hardware will be the HTC Trophy, something we’ve known for ages, and it’s going to be coming for $150 on a new contract with Big Red.
Verizon is throwing something pretty neat in the deal too. If you buy the HTC Trophy before July 15th, you get a free Xbox 360 game and can choose between Halo: Reach, Kinect Sports, or Lode Runner. Not the most extensive selection, but a selection nonetheless.
Just to refresh your memory a little bit about the HTC Trophy, it’s going to include:
· 1 GHz Snapdragon® processor
· WVGA 3.8-inch touchscreen
· Surround sound through SRS WOW HD™
· 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
· 720p HD video capture
· 16 GB on-board storage
· Wi-Fi connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n
· Global ready – allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, with more than 125 with 3G speeds
· HTC Hub-customization through downloadable applications that offer even more entertainment and productivity
· View and edit Microsoft Office® documents, including Excel®, Word® and PowerPoint® with the Office Hub and data access on SharePoint® servers
The HTC Trophy for Verizon will be available in Verizon stores and online when May 26th decides to finally roll around.
Anyone going to be getting one?