Motorola Droid Bionic: New Photos Surface as Launch Nears

Yesterday, we saw the new Motorola Droid Bionic surface in two photos that showed off its backing. And while those gave us a pretty clear cut view of its “new and improved design”, there were some stones that were unturned.

Today, those stones were all unturned as Droid-Life has leaked out an entire gallery of Droid Bionic photos that show off everything from the display, to the design, to the Android 2.2.3 lock screen.

There is also one photo that shows off 0% battery life. Extremely promising especially if you’ve used one of the current 4G LTE smartphones. I’m joking, of course.

Motorola Droid Bionic

Droid Bionic

Now, as the report points out, this is a slightly older model than the one we saw yesterday. Same phone, just a bit older. How do we know this? Well for one its 4G logo has been moved and two, it’s running Android 2.3.3 which is semi-old software.

Droid Bionic

I don’t know, I’m kind of liking it guys. It reminds me of a larger Motorola Droid 2 and I really liked the Droid 2. Still, I think I liked the old design better, probably because it was more distinguishable and had its own flavor. That being said, it’s hard for me to complain about a 4G LTE device with a Droid style form factor. It makes me giddy.

Droid Bionic

Droid Bionic

What do you guys think? Loving it? Or hate it? Kind of hard to tell at this point.

Comments

1. Calvin Williams says

looking at those pix made me kinda giddy too. i’ve been patiently waiting for this phone to come out so i can replace my blackberry shitstorm 2, and it just so happens that sept. 5th is my upgrade date, so this feels like a real sign that this was worth waiting for. hopefully that 0% battery life screen was not an omen. @_@

2. Tyler Yanik says

it also looks like it has a lip similar to the droid 3. And buffalo tech said something about 2 dif batteries? I want this phone however its not looking like it will be worth getting we shall see.

3. Whateverr1165 says

Looks too much like the X. Would have been nice if they changed it up a bit but really it doesn’t matter……now if they’d just get it out there would be a ton of happy people.

4. BrianB13 says

Its one thing to see pics of it here on the net and a whole different experience to see it in your hand.  Looking good but nothing really to compare the pics to yet.  Performance trumps looks and style anytime.

5. Anonymous says

If it doesn’t have a slide out keyboard, I’m not sure why it has the 1/4 inch thingy sticking out the bottom?

That is kind of stupid.

6. Anonymous says

That is kind of stupid.

7. androidcrazy44 says

For some reason, I can’t accept any phones with charger port on its side. I had a blackberry and hated it.
    So, no matter what magic this phone does, I wont take it, even if someone gives it to me free of cost.
    Currently, I have a Samsung Captivate.. love its top charging port.. very smart.. but, looks like in later models Samsung relocated it to bottom, possibly for Docking. Top or Bottom fine..never on Sides!