Motorola Droid Bionic Deal at Costco Includes Dock, Battery & More for $299

Plenty of you thought that the Motorola Droid Bionic was too expensive at $299. In fact, 68% of the almost 4,000 respondent’s said that the price was too high.

The good news is that there appears to be a great deal on the horizon. A leaked ad from Costco shows the Droid Bionic for $299, just like Verizon, but Costco is throwing in a huge helping of extras.

Check out our Motorola Droid Bionic review to see if this deal is right for you.

Droid Bionic Deal

Leaked Costco Ad Shows Big Savings on the Droid Bionic

This deal on the Motorola Droid Bionic includes the following extras, a $160 retail value according to the ad.

• Standard Bionic Dock
  • In Car Navigation Dock
  • Extra Battery
  • Battery Charger

In order to get this deal, you’ll need to be a Costco Member, which costs $50 a year. With this you get deals like this and you can return your phone for up to 90 days, instead of the typical 30.

Sadly the deal doesn’t include a webtop dock, so it doesn’t look like this dock will let you connect to the big screen and use a keyboard. That said, the print is pretty small, so we could be wrong.

This deal should help ease the pain of picking up Verizon’s latest 4G LTE smartphone when it arrives, perhaps as soon as September 8th.

With the premium Verizon is placing on this the Bionic and 4G LTE devices, this may be one of the best deals you find on the Droid Bionic at launch.

We’ll be keeping our eyes on the other usual suspects like Amazon and Wirefly to find out who can offer the best deal when launch rolls around.

Does this deal change your mind on the Bionic being too expensive?

Comments

• Anonymous says

I work at costco and no you can’t purchase with out a 2 year agreement and only upgrades, add a line, and new customers can purchase phones from costco.

• Anonymous says

Sorry to hijack this old thread, but I want to know from someone who works there. Does Costco always get Verizon phones on launch day?

Specifically I want to know if I can show up at 10am on Friday and have a good shot at buying a Galaxy Nexus. :-) Oh and do you know if it will have a bundle as well?

• Anonymous says

We rarely get phones on the day of release, I know we WILL have the Gnex (not in store but as a Home Delivery) not yet sure of the price or if it’ll come with an accesory bundle. But keep checking in at costco.com and you might end up with a great deal

1. Werwe Wore says

Do you really have to end every post with a f—ing question? Let me know in the comments.

• Bob says

People like you are sickening as you nit pick and critique insignificant issues.Just enjoy the work of other or better still–get off of your whining @$$ and contribute something meaningful to this forum or society, for that matter!

• David Zeuner says

Actually yes, you really do have to end every post with a f—ing question… at least if you want to make a living from posting content.    It’s a simple, proven way for to get more comments.

2. Billgreencontracting says

Thank you for this post. One question. will I be able to walk out the door with this or am I locked into a 2 year contract. I’m going to upgrade from my droid x with verizon. It would be nice not to start over on the 2-year clock.

3. Francis Forte says

i love the bionic as u can c from my picture. but is it 299with a new contract and then like 600 just buying it or do they do wht verizon did where i can get an early upgrade date for 20 dollars extra the 299. either way. im getting this phone

• Christen423 says

No, you can’t do early upgrades at Costco. You’ll have to get yours at the corporate store.

4. Vintnerdon says

I am guessing this will be online for me as I doubt the local Costco will have it in store.  But still, I am in as soon as it is available.

• Vintnerdon says

Additional checking looks like it will be in store at the kiosk.  Since Costco is usually a little later to get their phones, I will need to wait a little longer.

5. Anonymous says

I’m hesitant, Motorola is going to release another phone by the end of the year, which I’m sure they will announce a month after this is released.  It will be like when they released the droid and followed it shortly with the droid x.

6. Tonsit says

Before you buy from verizon or costco, make sure you check out amazonwireless.  Verizon’s price on my phone: $299.  From amazonwireless: $199. Exact same phone, just cheaper through amazon.  Got two non smartphones for a penny each while verizon charges $99.

7. Ipa Stout says

I’m eligible for a “new-every-two” discount of $50 bucks (I think).  Does anyone one if the big box stores honor those discounts?

• tnqko says

that’s what i’d like to know. because i would get a costco membership for that since i need to upgrade my phone

8. Jim3901 says

Verizon has a $100 cash back if you upgrade from a non-smart phone.  Can you still get the 100 if you get the phone from Costco?

• Adam says

I work for the cell phone place in Costco AKA Wireless Advocates and we are offering the $100 deal as well! And the bundle deal is not just a 1 day event!

9. Brian T says

Does anyone know when the phone will be available at Costco, will it be September 8th or some time later? And if you are currently with a different cell phone company, would I be able to port over my number?

10. Slickrickhinson says

This gives me hope that I can find the Droid bionic at a better price. I’m not a Costco member but I hope others will carry it with a deal. If not, guess I’ll have to wait for new phones the first of the year.

Slickrick

11. Brewster Jordana says

This is truly unacceptable that Motorola has
    launched this android phone without GSM abilities .Earlier I was believed that
    this will be a world phone & will work on CDMA and gsm both. I don’t know
    what they have been doing? Motorola…