Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date All But Confirmed

Yesterday saw the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S II, a device that many of you have been weighing against Verizon’s upcoming Motorola Droid Bionic. And while the Galaxy S II devices for Sprint and AT&T have firm release dates (T-Mobile’s does not), the Droid Bionic’s is still in the dark to those that are hoping to pick up the dual-core 4G LTE phone soon.

We’ve heard about September 8th being a possible launch day and today, we have two pieces of evidence to share with you that we think essentially confirms this to be the case.

The first, an internal screenshot from Best Buy’s system from Droid Attic that shows an in-stock date of September 7th which means that the phone will likely be launching a day after on September 8th.

Droid Bionic Scavenger Hunt

However, the most damning evidence comes from Verizon itself. Droid-Life has discovered that the Droid Bionic’s augmented reality driven scavenger hunt app has a starting date of September 4th and it ends on September 7th which again signals a September 8th launch.

Droid Bionic

Now, I realize that these could be coincidence, but seeing as though we’ve been hearing about September 8th for awhile now and also because Motorola and Verizon want to get this thing out before the Galaxy S II, I have a very good feeling we’ll see September 8th announced as the release date.

I’m excited. How about you guys?

Comments

1. Anonymous says

I’ve been on verizon for nearly 10 years now… but they have been frustrating me with their lack of good 4G phones, delays with the Bionic, and just not carrying the S2. If this is pushed back any further than sept 8th I’ll be bailing to a different carrier and getting the S2.

2. Thegadgetguroo says

I’m not giving up on Verizon especially since it has 4G LTE. Just gotta be patient.

3. Eddie Mejia says

I’m sooooo thrilled to see these pieces of evidence!!!! Yay!!! Gonna get it at Costco!!! And will literally jump up in down in the food line screaming “The Bionic is here!”…. i might get weird looks but who cares!!! The Bionic!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!1

4. ricardo says

I guess everyone who can’t wait a month or so for their dream phone must really hate the idea that they have to wait One Whole Year for their birthday to come around.

5. vbscript2 says

I’ll take a look at Bionic when it comes out, but at this point I’m highly considering waiting for Prime. That 720p AMOLED screen is sounding pretty nice.

6. BRYAN K says

The Bionic doesn’t do it for me.  I have an original Droid, and it has been a decent phone, but has some annoying delays and bizarre touch screen lags.  I was pumped up for the S2, but that isn’t gonna happen.  I’m waiting for the prime, but not past October.  For me, there is nothing like the AMOLED+ display.

• 12william874 says

I to am a long vzw customer for the past 10 yrs. But this phone is lagging. With this much push back makes me.weary. Im also disappointed that the s2 is not coming to big red ..wow what a let down…my droid incredible is on its last leg since february…damn this waiting. But costco seems the place to buy with all the free items.

7. Jackie Robinson Jr says

all we have is opinions. nothing more or less. if you get the bionic then so be it. if you dont who gives a rats ass, but if thats your opinion why comment on not getting one. what is the point? some of you sound like a bigger kid stole your elementry sweetheart….geez

I’m a fan of Moto and Blur, i’ve yet to see a better social networking intergration app out there even the paid ones and live on my phone with my schedule.

if you want a prime, man this sounds like a transformer movie, then get one and stay off bashing Moto/VZW for WAITING to put out an excellent PRODUCT!!!!!

8. Patriciawolford says

For what I have seen already I dont like it it have to much of gigit and gagit to that phone I fell like get smart

9. OpenMinded says

I talked to Someone From Best Buy Today And They Told me The Shipping Date Switched From The 7th to the 19th… Pleeease Tell me its NOT True. :/ but if it is, Will Verizon Wireless still Receive the Phone On Thursday??? :/

10. Me says

It doesn’t look like it’s coming out tomorrow. :( Verizon would have surely announced it by now.