Droid Bionic Line in San Francisco

The Droid Bionic is going on sale today and the line at the Verizon Kiosk is… Well there is no line.

After months of anticipation, rumors and rants, where’s the crowd of Android geeks?

This is the same mall where I buy my iPhones, iPads and much of my other mobile gear. It’s also where I bought my HTC Thunderbolt. There was a line of about 10 people for the Thunderbolt and there are hundreds of people in line every time an iOS device is released.

The Droid Bionic goes on sale in less than 20 minutes and it doesn’t look like many Android fans are as enthusiastic about pulling out their wallets as they are about trashing iPhones and other competing devices.

Be sure to check out our Droid Bionic Review before you go out to battle the crowds.

20110908-093554.jpg

Comments

1. supercinoman says

You might notice this isn’t a real Verizon kiosk… It’s a third party retailer and most phone or tech savy Verizon users wouldn’t use a third party store…   Except in the case of Costco who happens to be offering an exclusive bundle deal with the Bionic…

2. Timjones says

waiting to see how the Vigor or the Prime looks like. with Android, there’s alot of choices

3. Bigmouth says

Looks like GottabeMobile has been captured by the Apple trolls. Seriously, man, did you write this article just to taunt Android fans?

4. Bigmouth says

5. Igotminejack says

I bought the Bionic (actually 2) at Costco in Spartanburg, SC this morning.  I got the last two before they were sold out.  Forget the 13th, I got all the extra accessories & the $280 price on launch day.  While I was filling out the paperwork, 4 more people came by to pick one up but they were gone before Noon (Costco opens at 10:30 AM here.  I’m happy, my wife is happy with her’s and the accessories are well designed and built from what I can tell (all marked with the Moto ‘M’.

They were not sure when they were getting more but the manager was trying to overnight more.  It’s selling well here (at least at Costco).

6. Igotminejack says

7. BrianB13 says

Other that impatience, why in the world would anyone buy a Bionic now?  Especially non Verizon customers who would be stuck with a tiered data plan.There are so many high end phones coming out this month and next, it makes no sense to buy one now.  Even if you buy the Bionic late next month, it won’t cost $300 anymore or probably anything close to it.

• Billtaylor13 says

and every other future phone will have a different data package when it comes out to non Verizon customers?

• Anonymous says

you are so correct, tier plans are going to be downfall of smarthphones; people with unlimited plans are getting throttle, and new customers don’t want to deal with overages.

8. Amilcar Gaxiola says

I went to Costco September 9th, it was already a line waiting for more phones via fedex. No luck for me, not enough phones arrived. I had to go to another Costco to get my Bionic and they had only one left.