Verizon 4G LTE Network Down Nationwide?

I’ve just received a couple of tips from some Verizon 4G LTE owners saying that their devices are currently stuck in 3G after losing 4G LTE service. I thought it might have been an isolated incident but now I’m seeing Droid-Life reporting the issue with tons of comments so I think there might actually be a pretty big outage that is affecting people across the nation.

It seems as though phones that are currently on the 4G LTE network are up but devices that leave it cannot get access once they transition to Verizon’s 3G network.

Apparently, Nokia Siemens is working on resolving the issue but there is no telling when those who are without 4G LTE will see their service returned. Bummer, especially with Monday Night Football coming up in just a few short hours.

4G LTE

If this is indeed an outage, this isn’t the first time it has happened. In fact, Verizon’s next-gen network went down back in April which pushed back the launch of the Samsung Droid Charge.

Anyone out there with a 4G LTE device with Verizon unable to get 4G LTE?

We’ll update this page when we learn more.

Comments

1. Robertg says

Yes – just confirmed with Verizon tech support – nationwide outage of 4G LTE.  Phones should work fine on 3G tho.

2. Aaronhagler says

I was unable to access it after it went to 1X and after checking all settings to see if it was just my phone, I haven’t been able to get back on.

3. Bill1617 says

I live in 17055 and I’ve noticed this same issue…stuck in 3g with my new bionic…sucks.

Verizon should give everybody a credit!

4. Atimetolaugh says

in LA and random connectivity, mostly NO CONNECTION on my verizon droid 4g lte. Come on Verizon… test in virtual environment FIRST!!

5. Anonymous says

Heard it is coming back up in various areas and in stages.. Cleveland, OH I don’t even have 3G.. just the 1X keeps popping up and going away like it is trying to come back on. (LG Revolution with Revolt 1.5 ROM)

6. Anonymous says

I thought I was having issues with my phone because I recently flashed a new ROM. Almost restored back to my old ROM because of this outage.

7. E_helm says

Haven’ seen anyone post on this in a while. Mine its still down in Phoenix, anyone else?

8. Rick Austin says

Have not had 4G in 3 days now in Atlanta on my new Bionic… Still down and I’ve been in numerous areas of Atlanta today.

9. outta' here says

No 4G in my area of Houston currently.has been down for at least 3 days so far, my local Verizon store has no idea when it may be back up…seem to have no real information

10. Brzantineempire says

Haven’t had LTE since Saturday on my Thunderbolt. Just pulled my battery and SIM card, popped them back in, powered up my phone, a few minutes later, I had LTE again.

11. Brzantineempire says

12. Joshuadillen says

Still 3G here in Portland OR. Will my phone automatically switch to 4G when its back up?

13. Jimmychuck says

Yes, I’ve been down at least several days,maybe a week. I have the new Droid Bionic and am located in Sacramento. 3G is all I have from Verizon right now.

14. Fdg123 says

4G down in LA again in 30 days. 10-28-11
    At least this time I got 3g, on 9-28 only got.1x.

15. Cdcarolis2 says

Still stuck on 3G here in Massachusetts, and we had only just received 4G here few months back. :(

16. Theyweretrees says

Moved to Portland OR in October and was delighted to find a constant 4G status everywhere in portland, when in Southern CA where I moved from it was only 3G…
    suddenly in November it went back to 3G and has been such ever since. Bummer!!