The iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPad now have an untethered iS 5.0.1 jailbreak available for download.
This new jailbreak is available as a simple update for those who are already jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1, but want to switch over to an untethered jailbreak. If you have been waiting for an untethered jailbreak, we also have you covered with the steps you need to free your iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1
This untethered jailbreak is great because it allows you to restart your iPhone 4 without losing your jailbreak or your ability to perform basic phone tasks. This is a much more user-friendly jailbreak.
Before you jailbreak, be sure to read our 5 Reasons not to Jailbreak. Most users will be fine jailbreaking and if Apple support is needed, un-jailbreaking, but it’s not for all iPhone owners.
How to Untether A Jailbroken iPhone on iOS 5.0.1
If you followed our steps to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 previously, you can switch to an untethered jailbreak fairly easily. You need to have used a Redsn0w, Ac1dSn0w or Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak.
- Open up your Cydia app on the jailbroken A4 device.
- Search for and download a package called Corona.
- Once installed, reboot your iPhone 4 and it will be running iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken and untethered.
You can watch the video below for a closer look at how to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered if you are already jailbroken.
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered
If you have an Apple A4 device like the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad or iPod Touch, you can now jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 from your Mac or Windows PC. This will allow you to install apps that Apple hasn’t approved and customize your device.
2. Open the app and choose “Jailbreak and Install Cydia.
3. Place your iPhone or other A4 device into DFU mode by following the on-screen instructions.
4. Wait while Redsn0w applies your untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak.
5. Your device will reboot and will be jailbroken.
Will you be jailbreaking your iPhone 4 now that it has an untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak?