iPhone 4S Jailbreak Status: Upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 Today

There’s still no iPhone 4S jailbreak release date, but according to iPhone hackers it is getting closer and anyone who wants to jailbreak their iPhone 4S should update their iPhone today.

Update: Untethered iPhone 4S Jailbreak Release As Early As Next Week

Over the weekend p0sixninja, a well known iPhone hacker, told us all to update our iPhone 4S and iPad 2 devices if we want to jailbreak them. This likely means that the dev teams are close to a functioning iPhone 4S jailbreak, one that should also work on the iPad 2 which uses the same Apple A5 processor.

We have already seen an iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4, and proof of an iPhone 4S jailbreak from @MuscleNerd, so this new news is a sign of additional progress.

iPhone 4S Jailbreak update to iOS 5.0.1

What to Do Now for an iPhone 4S Jailbreak?

The message from @p0sixninja is the first official confirmation that you can update your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to iOS 5.0.1 without losing the ability to jailbreak.

If you need to unlock your iPhone 4S, to use it on a different carrier, don’t update top iOS 5.0.1. But, if like most people you want to jailbreak your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to get additional features, go ahead and upgrade today.

The reason that you should upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 today is that iOS 5.1 is on the way. This next major upgrade to iOS 5 will bring a collection of new features, but will likely also patch holes used to unlock the iPhone 4S or iPad 2.

After Apple releases iOS 5.1 it will not be easy to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1, which is why you should upgrade today.

Upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 is easy to do. First backup your iPhone to your computer or iCloud.

• Next, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update -> Download and Install
  • When asked, agree to the terms.
  • You may want to download this file over WiFi to avoid using limited data plans.

iPhone 4S Jailbreak Status

There is still no iPhone 4S release date, but given the “all clear to update” message, it is safe to assume that progress has been made and we will soon see an untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

Via iTechNow

Comments

1. Johnpaul34pagan says

Yes….. This is the greatest news I heard this year!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u guys go all the dedication.

• Aidandaniel97 says

Ain’t that the truth :D been waiting for pod2g but he’s taking a hell of a long time and p0sixninja will probably take less time to do so after 5.1 has hit the updates …. Agreeing with you best news this year

• Corey Shaver says

You are an idiot. First off, the iPad used in the video was running IOS 4.3.5 and used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it. OF COURSE it worked. Jailbreakme.com can jailbreak any device except iPhone 4S as long as it’s using firmware 4.3.5 or less. If you’re going to make a fake video, at LEAST make sure the device is running 5.0 or 5.0.1.

Fucking idiot.

2. MHD says

I’m using iPhone4 and it jailbreak it with B1.everything is fine. Should I still jailbreak it with b3?

• User1 says

yup, I did my pad with b1, and ran kinda slow, rejailbroke with b3, and it is back to normal speeds, i think b3 is a btter jb

3. 187 Rokdiesel says

I would just like to thank all those who contribute in getting us something untethered. Definitely greatful. Happy new years.

4. Jerk Store says

YES!!!!!  Finally!  I’m getting soooo horny after hearing this sexy news!  Thanks! :)

5. Anonymous says

My friend was working on apple and he changed his profession and life build career because he discovered the best method to get a iphone for free. Each problem which I have with iPhone it’s finished for me because my friend Tony helps me.
    After he told me the best method to get a free iPhone 4S, it always helps me with all sorts of questions I have. This is his job and I appreciate very much his website free-us-iphone.com .
    I hope that he will help you with your all questions. It is an amazing man. All my family got free iPhone 4s . It’s a user proof category there if you don`t believe me. This man is my idol

6. Sabau Vlad says

I just got my iPhone 4s with IOS 5.0 and i can not Jailbreak the phone, BTW i just won the phone from here if I remember correctly, getappleproductsforfree(.)com please help me with a tutorial.

7. Judah says

Honesty anybody that plans on upgrading to the iPhone 5 in the summer should not be upset….nor waist there time being upset ….by the time it comes out the 5 will be here ….so get over it

8. Anonymous says

Here is a Link on how to jailbreak on a windows pchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTqMMedbC8Y