iPhone 4S Jailbreak Finally Released

Rejoice iPhone 4S and iPad 2 owners. Today you can finally jailbreak the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 thanks to the A5 Jailbreak Dream Team.

The new Absinthe Jailbreak tool allows you to perform a untethered jailbreak on the iPhone 4S and iPad 2. This covers all models of Apple’s latest phone and tablet, and works on the newest iOS 5.0.1 software release.

READ: How to Jailbreak the iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

By joining forces, pod2G, The Chronic Dev Team and the iPhone Dev Team were able to get around a number of Apple walls and locks to free your iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

The new tool is called Absinthe, and is only available for the Mac, but Windows and Linux versions are coming.

Absinthe iPhone 4S Jailbreak

Jailbreak the iPhone 4S with Absinthe.

You can download the Absinthe iPhone 4S and iPad 2 jailbreak tool from greenpois0n.com, but be warned that you may have trouble getting to the page due to high demand. Keep trying and you will eventually get in.

I am in the process of jailbreaking my iPhone 4S as I share this news, and will soon walk you through the iPhone 4S jailbreak process. This will take place on a Mac, but should be very similar on Windows.

Before you jailbreak, be sure to read these 5 concerns, and know that we aren’t responsible if you break your iPhone or iPad.

If you are OK with these cautions, go ahead and jailbreak your device. I look forward to hearing about your favorite jailbreak apps and jailbreak tweaks.

If you wish to thank the dream team of iPhone hackers, you can donate to a joint fund that will be split between the members.

Comments

1. Sshanahan19 says

I have tried to download this twice….it downloads fine but when I try to open it it quits unexpectedly. Anyone having the same issue and have a work around?
    Thanks in advance!!

2. salsilva7 says

Tried it and an app thats named absinthe appears.. clicked it and it only takes me to the greenpoison website…. help!

• Josh Smith says

What jetyang2000 said. Here are the full instructions – http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/01/20/iphone-4s-jailbreak-how-to-jailbreak-the-iphone-4s/

3. jetyang2000 says

After tapping on the Absinthe icon, go to Settings->VPN Toggle and slide it to “ON”.  It’ll give you an error saying that it might not be able to connect.  After that you’re phone will restart and WHALA!!

• Delmarball says

Can you tell me where I can get to the “Settings->VPN toggle”?  Are you referring to on the iPhone, or in Preferences somewhere?  Thank you!

4. NSDinfoTV says

Hey, I made a video guide for jailbreaking the 4S,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DOgDWrUxv0 also it has a mirror link in the description because greenpoisons site is down

5. Hobbsa23 says

after you tap the absinthe icon the white scree will appear. go to settings on your phone or ipad. once i opended settings on the ipad, the greenpoison website appeared. i waited for 10 secs and the ipad 2 rebooted and now has cydia. with the 4s as soon as i opened settings it rebooted and now i have cydia. hope this clears things up.

6. Anonymous says

It doesn’t detect my iPhone 4s in the beginning. It worked with my iPad 2 but won’t with my 4s. What do I do..?

7. Rickyslick007 says

any idea on when this will be available for a pc. Just wondering if it’ll be a while, I might go buy a mac just to get this.

• Derrickphamd5 says

You might go buy a Mac because you can’t wait another day or even a week? You waited months for this jailbreak and waiting another couple of days will kill you?

I swear dumb people exist everywhere…

• Jkemerli says

You are starting fight on a Gottabemobile.com, over the fact that you think you are rich, Atleast Derrick has a life. And Josh, I’m inexperienced when it comes to this i’m 13 haha. Would you recommend i try doing this?

8. Anmol Jain says

i have jailbroken my iphone 4s but i am not able to add any sources as there is always an error.
    Can any one help me installing installous on my 4s

9. Satya121 says

The absinthe app opens on my mac. Once I click on Jailbreak it starts the jailbreak by showing “Beginning Jailbreak” and then after 5 mins the application crashes. Once I restart the application and click on Jailbreak – It says “Your absinthe application crashed the last time. will recover the phone for you” and it does and nothing happens. Nothing appears on my Phone screen. Can you help me?

10. Venom says

Sheroze dawra, I don’t know if it will work but worked for my older 32GB 3GS, install the APP UltraSn0W from Cydia, it unlocks the phone…

11. Vjai Chourasia says

please can anyone help me with the error i am getting with jaibreaking my iphone 4s which is AT&T network lock and currently i dont have the sim card
    >>the attached device is not activated. you need to activate it before it can be used with absinthe<<

12. Theooodoros says

the attached device is not activated.You need to activate it before it can be used with Absinthe??????????