Verizon 4G LTE Down in Some Areas

It looks like Verizon’s 4G LTE network is down again in some areas, something that is becoming far too common with the carrier’s next-generation cellular network. This morning we received a tip from a reader in Springfield, Illinois who said that three phones in different parts of town were unable to connect to Big Red’s LTE network and while we initially believed it might be limited to that area, we’re now seeing that it’s down in other parts of the country as well.

As of right now, it appears that the outage is not nationwide, at least not yet.

Instead, it sounds like it’s fairly isolated. Isolated or not, this is yet another blow to the network’s reputation, one that has been stained numerous times in the last few months with the last outage coming back on February 22nd.

Verizon's 4G LTE Network Down in Some Areas

Verizon dealt with three major outages in December of 2011 that saw the entire network come to a halt.

As of right now, Verizon has yet to say anything publicly about today’s outages although The Verge is reporting that the carrier is aware of the issues and is currently diagnosing the situation. And Droid-Life is saying that service should be returning shortly, if it hasn’t already.

We can confirm that 4G LTE service is up and running in several areas including Berkeley, CA, Findlay, OH and New York, NY.

I will share this. The last time my service went out here in the Bay Area, I simply restarted my device and 4G LTE was back on again. I realize that I, nor you, should have to do that to get service that we pay so much for, but hey, it’s worth a shot if your service is currently unavailable.

We’ll keep you updated once we hear anything further about today’s outage.

For now though, we have to ask.

Is anyone unable to connect to Verizon’s 4G LTE network? And if not, where are you located?

Comments

1. Benjamin Wolfe says

Update: I restarted my phone and it’s back up (for the moment).  Thanks for the tip!!

2. XIInator says

holy crap this site is ad happy. I have had NO data since early this morning (going on 6+ hours). Occasionally I can get a 1x, then it’ll say 3g, then I try accessing a site and POOF!! it’s gone. I’m very peeved. Lancaster, PA here.

3. Getmetheac says

verizon 3g aircard & verizon wireless [straight talk] phone service spotty since evening of 3/12 in New Orleans

4. Gene Meyer says

Topeka, KS since at least 8 a.m. Tuesday, though I haven’t checked in a couple hours because I’m busy with other stuff. Local Verizon techs said 2 hrs ago someone was working on it.

5. Dave says

Data for 4G phones has been down in Columbus Indiana all day. Bionic, Razr, and Razr Maxx, all confirmed unable to connect to data. We all keep restarted our phones hoping to see any kind of data connection.

Guess we will check tomorrow….

6. Msauter says

I am in Florida and my 4G has been down all day!! Noticed it bumping around the last few days actually. Very very annoying!

7. chewy23 says

I live in ct and work in the Manchester area where i normally get 4g and its no longer working good ole Verizon

8. Mudflaps001 says

I guess anyone write an article these days. This is news?? 90% of ppl who use an Android phone don’t know anything about the phone and need to either learn how to use this amazing device or switch to apple and stop complaining about something they barely know to text on.

9. Mlbehnke says

Rockville, MD the network has been sporadic all morning. With both 4G and 3G dropping off. Makes trying to listen to Pandora very annoying.

10. Ramon Duterte says

4G and 3G out since this morning; Central NJ area, but it’s very localized. Had a huge pain troubleshooting because the Verizon store I went to for service wasn’t in a 4G area, and the 3G worked fine. But at home, in my “awesome” 4G coverage zone, I had neither. A call with a CSR that actually seemed to know what she was talking about confirmed that parts of PA and NJ have been spotty all day, with no specific end in sight.

Mind you, this was all after my hard reset. Oh what a great day I’ve had, let me tell you.

• Ramon Duterte says

Disregard my “very localized” comment. I just drove all the way down to Baltimore and back today (which was fun since I normally use Navigator and there was no internet) and I still haven’t had data the entire day. At one point at the Delaware Memorial Bridge I had 4G LTE. Then, nada.

This sucks.

11. Ramon Duterte says

I should also note that Voice has been up the entire time. Just data has been out.

12. Carter Torrey says

Yesterday and today no solid connection, has been rotating between 3G and 1X all morning…..no solid connection. Boston, MA

13. Stumpywump says

Having trouble in South Dakota too. I’m at least glad its a system outage I was seriously contemplating throwing my phone at the wall…

14. Dracozeus2007 says

I have lost all 4g in San Antonio Texas, Tuleta Texas, where I live and Corpus Christi Texas, I usually get perfect 4g in all places. I was in Shreveport over a week ago when I first lost it and still nothing, Verizon needs to get on the ball