The iPad 3rd generation orders have started shipping to customers across the U.S., but from the looks of it Apple and FedEx are creating a stockpile of new iPads at several warehouses across the U.S.
We shared which new iPad models we ordered last week, taking advantage of the preorder to avoid waiting in line at 8 AM on March 16th.
Like any gadget lover, we’ve been refreshing our new iPad shipment status page like crazy for the past few days. With staff throughout the country, waiting on a variety of models, we wanted to share the status of our new iPads, and find out where your ipads are.
We ran the gamut from one state away, to sitting in China, to still processing. All for orders placed last Wednesday with a delivery date of Friday march 16th.
- Josh Smith 32GB Black – Middleton PA heading to Findlay Ohio
- Xavier Lanier 64GB Black WiFi+ 4G – Ontario, CA heading to San Francisco, CA
- K.T. Bradford 32GB Black – Middleton PA heading to NYC, NY
- Adam Mills 16GB Black – Ontario, CA, headed to Berkeley, CA
- Warner Crocker 64GB Black WiFi+ 4G – Still in China
- Kevin Purcell 32GB Black WiFi+ 4G – Still processing
Even if my new iPad was 45 minutes away at the local FedEx center, I still wouldn’t be able to get it until Friday. We’ve heard that other iPads are sitting with their friends at warehouses in Alaska and Nashville Tennessee. Most likely, we won’t see any additional movement until Thursday.
If you want an easy wat to track your iPad’s shipping progress, check out Slice for Android and iPhone, complete with push notifications.
Where is your iPad 3rd Generation at? Are you refreshing your tracking page as much as we are?